Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Aligned Again

Well...it only took two attempts.
But I finally got my tires balanced/realigned on my car.

It probably should have been done a while ago in all honesty.
But it wasn't until a couple of weeks or so ago, that I noticed that my ride was rather....bumpy.

There was the normal 'drive too fast' and there's a bit of bumpiness that seems to be pretty common with my car.
But I had also noticed that when I was doing the slower speeds. Like under 35mph that my car seemed to be....swaying back and forth.
I could basically feel it and see it and it was rather...uncomfortable really.

Talk about a rise in paranoia for sure.
How long would I be able to drive before all my tires just fell off like a scene in a cartoon?

But even though I had this worry in the back of my mind....
Things kept happening to convince me to wait just a bit longer to fix my tires.

The most recent one being...me getting kinda sick again and wanting nothing more to do than to survive work and go home and crash on my bed.

But yesterday,
I managed to find a bit of an upswing in my energy levels.
And so, before I could change my mind,
Took my car to the nearby Jiffy to get an oil change and my tires balanced.
Because I figured they were off balance hence the bumpy swayey drive I was experiencing more and more.

Unfortunately for me....
That particular Jiffy had no way to balance my tires.
>.<
There was no machine for them to do that with in their shop.

Which meant that I would need to go to a different Jiffy to get the balancing done.
*exhales*
But I didn't want to drive my car there when I was already at this particular Jiffy.
So I agreed to just get my oil changed....as I was a bit overdo for that anyways.
And since it was already later in the day (since I went over right after work.)
I called it a day and headed home in my still unbalanced car.

Today.
Today I wasn't feeling the greatest. My energy definitely lagging for sure.
Yet I didn't want to continue to put off finding that particular Jiffy to balance said tires.
Especially since I couldn't know for sure if I would be feeling better or worse on the morrow.

So I took my car once again to Jiffy.....the other one.
And thankfully I drove to the right one where I could get my tires rebalanced.

*exhales*
But it's never a good sign....
When the mechanic comes up to you and goes '...sooo when was the last time you got your tires aligned?'

O.o
Uh....
Uhhhhmmmm
UHHMMMMMMM

Seriously, don't ask me questions about my car, I don't know the answers too. >.<
lol. I vaguely remember that we got them adjusted once, because I remember we couldn't get above like 65mph without the car shaking like crazy on the highway.

But that could have been five years ago or ten.....
....but basically....it's been a long while.....
Or if it was done, it was done when I wasn't there.
*shakes head*

Well the mechanic said that basically my front tires were turned outwards.
Or like I like to put it "they were splayed foot."
(instead of duck footed with the tires turned inward.)

Which basically meant that my left tire was trying to go left.
While my right tire was trying to go right.

And that just meant that my car was fighting which direction to go the entire time I was driving.

o.o
oh.

Well that made a lot of sense.
And it made a lot of sense that a simple balancing of my tires probably wouldn't fix that.
So I agreed to pay more money to get my tires aligned.

Because I'd rather not break my car.
And I'd like to return to having a smooth non bumpy non swayey drive around in my car. lol.

And can I say.
Wow.
You don't realize how off your car was feeling until you fix the problem.
But it seemed like once I got my car back and took off from the parking lot.
That there was a bit of a 'spring' to my car's step again.
I felt like I was able to speed up faster.
To drive smoother.
And ah.
It felt amazing.
No more swayey bumpy ride.
Just smooth effortless power.

Yay. :D

I really shouldn't have put that off for as long as I did.
Because geez. The results are amazing!!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment