Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Quiet Admiration

For the past little while I've taken to hanging out at a Wendy's near me a couple of times a week. I've started doing so because I've found that the environment there is really conducive to me writing and so I go there to work out plot lines and thoughts for ideas and concepts I have.
It's a great environment to work in because it's not usually crazy there, and the place has these nice big windows I can look out of. Which is a nice visual distraction for me when I need a moment to gather my thoughts.
Nearby is an apartment complex.
And I've noticed -if I look up at the right time- that there is a resident there that always leaves the building around the same time.
Why?
Because there's a school bus that stops right outside of the complex and she goes out there to meet her son. (I'm guessing it's her son.) So that they can go back inside together.

I suppose it wouldn't be too remarkable this daily event.
A lot of parents probably do this same sort of routine.

But I have really come to admire this woman.
Because no matter what the weather is, rain, snow, sunshine, wind....she doesn't let it stop her from making that trip outside to meet her son.
But on top of that.
It's pretty obvious that she has trouble walking. Her journeying those 500 feet from door to curb isn't the fastest and as time has passed I've seen her wheel out in a wheelchair as well as hobble out on crutches. So she has had something going on health wise for sure.
Yet.
It doesn't stop her.
No matter what, no matter how easy it would be to just stay outside and not get up and go out, she chooses to go outside to meet her son.

And I really admire that.
That silent strength in the face of trials.

Seeing mother and son meet up together always serves to brighten my day. Because it's another day of success. Another day where she chose to get up and do. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment