Tuesday, March 7, 2017

How To Energize

It is well known by all my coworkers that I use my break times as 'nap times.'
You can often find me curled up in a ball in our break room, taking a few minutes to rest with my eyes closed so I can regather a bit of energy so that I am able to go back out onto the floor to deal with customers.

And it's often amusing, when the new people are first exposed to this.
As they're often concerned that I'm not feeling well.
-Which is actually true on occasion, but for the most part I'm fine, just resting my eyes. lol.

But it doesn't take them long to figure out that 'this is what Sarnic does' when she's on break. lol. She naps. Curled up in a ball in the corner. Just resting.

However....
I don't always do that.
There are occasions when I actually feel awake and energized enough to not do that.

This morning was one of those days.

Because I was highly distracted by a new YouTube Video that Thomas Sanders had just posted.
This one:

I'd just recently really discovered his youtube channel....like a week or so ago.
With this video really being the catalyst:

In any case.
Before I got to work, I'd noticed that he'd posted the first video above, but didn't have time to check it out. (Early Mornings...they're hard)
But on my first break I decided to watch the video first before taking my usual nap.

And Oh.
It was the best thing ever! ^^ lol.

It was funny, it was interesting, and best of all, the video sparked my creative side! :D
I love it when my creative side is sparked.
It gives me All sorts of Energy!!

So I was wide awake and totally basically nearly hyper when one of my coworkers walked in.
-The video had finished like a minute before-
And saw me wide awake.
Lol. I think he did a double take.

And asked me.
"Are you alright?"
Which took me by surprise. I mean...I wasn't napping....I wasn't curled up in a ball. I was just sitting there, on my phone scrolling through the comments on the YouTube video.
(because sometimes I like to see what other people are saying about things.)
So I was like "Yah, I'm fine. Why?"
"Because you're not taking your nap." was his response.

lol.
So apparently, because it's so common for me to be 'sleeping' during my breaks, it's now considered Weird if I'm not taking a nap, and therefore....something must be wrong with me.

*shakes head*
Haha. I guess I just can't win. ;)

Lucky me, my break finished up right about then, so I was able to go back on the floor and get back to work.

Where another coworker greeted me with a "hey." -the kinda sleepy hey that you use when you're trying to conserve energy.

I greeted her with a higher pitched. "HI!!!!"
-I kinda surprised myself with how high my voice had gone. oops. o.O
Heh.
It was because I was energized from the video.
Like I said, things that spark my creativity can give me energy and make me semi-hyper.

The energy behind my 'HII!!" took my coworker by surprise as well. lol. She started laughing, and commented that that was rather energetic.

-I'm known for being happy and cheerful, but not always energetic at work.
So I had to explain about the video making me hyper.
Which...as I explained it. (and kinda now as well) makes it sound really silly.
Like how can a video make you hyper?

Well... It made me smile, it made me laugh, all 'happy' things. And usually when you're happy you're more energized. So yah...

I basically had an awesome energized morning.
And managed to confuse at least two of my coworkers at the same time.

So I say today was a day well done. XD lol.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment