Sunday, March 12, 2017

An Angel Nearby

There's a conference talk that was given recently, in the past two or three years I suppose,
That talked about angels among us.
More specifically, the angels that constantly surround us in the form of friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, etc etc.
Those who come to help us out in our time of need.
Even though we may not always realize that is what they are.

So.
I've made no secret of the fact that this past week I haven't been feeling well.
I caught some sort of bug, and just as the weekend was hitting, I got hit with the worst of it.
To the point where I really would have loved to do nothing more than crawl into bed and not reappear until my cold had completely gone.

Yet.......
I suppose, I look after my well being last when it comes to others and their needs.

Because it often helps me feel better, to make others feel better....
Even if I'm risking making myself more ill in the process.

I played that risk again, of making myself more ill, last night.
To work towards another's happiness.
Staying up when I should have gone straight to bed.
Heading out into the cold to grab a treat to make another feel better.
Working to make their day better even at the cost of my own.

But helping out others always has it's benefit. lol.
Because today, I'm actually feeling better.
I've come across the worst of it I think.
And perhaps something in my efforts yesterday, to help another. maybe the delay in getting sleep, or venturing out in the cold, or eating a specific warm food...
Helped me get to that breaking point where the cold will soon fade away.

So while I feel that I was quite the helping angel last night.
Perhaps in a way I didn't quite realize...I was having an angel help me in return.
Who said help has to always come through a conventional means? ;) lol

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment