Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The Window Exchange

You gotta love those moments when you feel like you're breaking the law...when in fact you're not.

So this morning, at work, I got a call from our vet.
As we'd taken a hamster to them a couple of days ago. (and for whatever reason it hadn't yet been picked up, though it should have been picked up yesterday)

In any case. The vet was calling to say that the hamster had died.
Y_Y
Which was totally weird...we'd only taken the hamster to the vet because he was experiencing hairloss all over his body. Poor thing.
I didn't think it was something that would make him die....
but apparently, somewhere along the lines of treatment....the poor thing didn't make it.
The girl on the phone sounded more upset than I was. Saying that the hamster was so super sweet and mellow and such.

*sighs* I hate it when they die. Y_Y

Anywho.
That meant that a manager would have to drop by the vet to grab the container and paperwork we'd dropped off along with the hamster.
And so, I checked the schedule.
Saw that one of my managers was due to come into the store soon. And sent him a text telling him what had happened and that we'd need to go grab our stuff.

However, after he'd sent a confirmation text that he would do so.
My coworker came up to me, telling me that we had another hamster that needed to go to the vet as well. -Not for hairloss this time.

So I sent my manager another text, asking if he would be able to drop by the store first to grab that hamster before going to the vet to grab our things. -To save ourselves a trip.
He didn't respond right away, which meant he was driving.

Soooo I called him, because I didn't want him to have to make two trips.
Which resulted in him agreeing to call the store when he got to work, so that I could bring the hamster out to him and he could take it to the vet.

So I placed the hamster in a portable tote along with his paperwork and had it all waiting nearby for when I got the call.

Which I did.
So taking said container I rushed out the doors.
As this black pickup truck with tinted windows pulls up to the curb.
The window rolls down.
I hand the hamster over to my manager, gave him brief details on why we're taking him to the vet.
And just as quickly, the window rolls back up and the manager drives off.

lol. I wonder what people thought of that.

Because really, it felt like I'd just accomplished some sort of drug/weapons exchange in broad daylight. haha.
*shakes head*

Though I doubt anyone thought that.
If anything they might think. "Oh, look. Starsmet does 'pick ups' now." -where customers can order items and wait in their car and we'll bring them out to them.

Else, they thought I was just talking to a friend in their car.

If they noticed at all. lol.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment