Friday, March 10, 2017

An Encounter

Why is it, that when you make an effort to make yourself look nice before you go anywhere...that you end up not really meeting anyone?
Yet, the moment you leave the house without making any effort whatsoever in your appearance...THEN that's when you suddenly run into everyone and their mom who knows you?

It's so weird.
It's like the universe is trying to say "appearance doesn't matter." or something lol.

I had that experience today.

You see, I've been sick for the past week.
Nothing that wasn't handable before yesterday.
Just that minor cold/tight chest thing.
It got worse yesterday though.
And really the only reason why I left the house today was because I really needed to go grocery shopping for food and drinks to soothe my sick self.

That didn't mean I had energy to do anything special to myself.
I felt like crap and just wanted to get in and out you know?
So why waste the energy to put on makeup or nice clothes.
When I would be heading back to bed as soon as I got back home?
;) At least I put on 'real clothes' to go shopping. So I wasn't in my PJs or anything.

But like thirty seconds after I entered the store.
There was this guy walking towards me, and I automatically moved my cart to avoid him and continued walking.
Only to hear him say something like "Don't I know you?"
I turned -which in of itself is amazing as I'm notorious for not realizing people are talking to me. As I usually assume they're referring to someone else in my proximity.
And was briefly surprised that in fact he was talking to me.
"Are you a dog trainer by chance?" He asked me when I turned.
I smiled and shook my head. "No?"
He frowned. "Huh...but I swear I've seen you before."

lol. It wasn't too hard to put together the pieces of where he could have seen me.
If he thought I was a dog trainer, that meant he, or someone he's close to has a dog, which means he's probably been to a pet store.
"Well, I work at Starsmet." I told him.
His face lit up. "That's it!! You work with the reptiles and the skinny pigs right?"
"Yep! and the fish and the birds."

The conversation didn't go further than that. "Well...sorry for bugging you, It was great seeing you again. I'll let you get back to shopping."
I responded that it wasn't a problem.
After all, I don't mind talking to people about work. lol. Even if I'm not at work....
*shakes head*

But considering I was sick. I didn't try to keep him talking either. I was still in the mind frame of "Survive this trip, buy my food, get home and back to bed."

Still....
I wonder if I had actually made an effort to look nicer today....
If he would have still stopped to say hi?
I mean, I could have missed him entirely if I had taken those extra minutes to get truly ready.

Perhaps that's why you never meet people you know when you spend time getting yourself ready...
It's because the time you could have seen them....was when you could have arrived had you not spent the time getting ready.

Who knows.
Still. I guess it also says something about people, that they're willing to make time to chat with people they know, regardless of how they look.

I wonder if he'll show up at work sometime in the near future..... hmm......

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment