Friday, March 17, 2017

A True Passion

My coworker told me the other day that she doesn't like to do Small Talk.
Which...is understandable. Not everyone can do the small talk and 'get to know you' things.
Her solution to avoiding the small talk is to ask the other person what their passion is.
That way she can get to know them and they can talk about what they love to talk about. Their passions. :)

lol. She was rather shocked to find out that she had never asked me what my passion was.
;) Maybe I'm just good at making small talk interesting. ;) haha.

In any case.
Since that conversation it's been on my mind.
Passions.
What am I passionate about?

Because there is a difference between being passionate about something and obsessed with something.... ;) not that I get obsessive over things...oh no. ;) haha.

So what am I passionate about?

The first thought that came to mind was work actually.
I love my job and I'm quite vocal about it. I work hard to do my best to make the store shine and to make customers happy. Chances are if you talk to me, I'll bring up something that happened at work.

Though I suppose Passion would mean something that 'you do for fun'
And while work is fun...it's kinda something you have to do. (unless you're already super rich)

What then am I passionate about?
My fish tank is the next thing that comes to mind.

You know my 125 Gallon Fish tank that I got on black Friday?
Oh yah I'm still totally in love with it. ^^ I love getting the chance to talk about my fish tank whenever I can. Especially when I know that a person hasn't heard about it before.
Six feet of tank. Tons of color. Lots of fish. Oh I could go on and on and show pictures and everything.
Because I love my fish tank. ^^
It's like the 'major accomplishment' of my life right now haha. XD
After waiting like 2 years for it.
To finally have my fish tank is literally a dream come true and I love it!!!

Passion...
Passion...
Passion...

A passion is something you do because you like to do it. Because you want to do it.
Which brings me to the next thing that takes up a good chunk of my day.
Blogging.
lol. I probably have to be be passionate about blogging in order to keep up this blog for what? 7 years now?
Not everyone can do it.
Not everyone can keep up multiple blogs at the same time.

But I love blogging. I love seeing which posts become popular with you readers and seeing what countries my viewers are from. :) It's a heady feeling. I can pretend that I'm just 'that' more famous. ;) haha.

The main thing about blogging though....
Is that it's writing.
And I love writing.

Even if I struggle to get thoughts and concepts down into actual plot and full on story form.
Being able to take a few minutes or four hours to write down my thoughts and just get my words out there for other people to see and read....
There's no better feeling, honestly.

I love writing.
The feeling of getting a good concept on paper.
The joy when others like what you think.
The fact that I'm doing something.
^-^

Yah. I have a passion for writing.
Not obsessively passionate about it I suppose. lol. Otherwise I would be more proactive in trying to write an actual book like my sister and other friends are.

But writing. It's a way to express myself and I enjoy it.
:)

Which brings me back to obsessions.
Because obsessions can spark passions.

For example.
Last year in Augustish? I rediscovered a show on Netflix.
Detective Conan.

;) I may or may not have brought that show up before.
But it's one that's super long running. Like 25 years. ()_() There's over 850 episodes, and 21 movies, and wow. Sooooo much.

I'd started watching this show with a roommate years ago. Like six years ago now?
But stopped because a) only the first 150ish episodes were in English. And b) I lost interest in it.

But this past august. I found it on Netflix and decided for kicks and giggles to start watching it.
Ah.
Who knew that would trigger an obsession that is now...going like 7 months strong?
I love watching the series. :)
Originally I liked it for the murder mysteries.
But now. It's such a wide ocean sized pool of inspiration.
I love seeing the connections and the building of relationships and the character growth that's found within the series.
It's one of those things that just 'triggers inspiration'
Where watching the shows inspired me to more story ideas and more concepts.

I wanted to know more!!
And so in my 'obsessiveness' I discovered these little things called Fanfics.
Stories that other people have written involving the characters from the shows. Whether it's a different viewpoint on an episode, or a totally alternate reality. These stories too...sparked my creativity.
Because wow. There are so many cool concepts that people have come up with.
that it sparked my own desire to create cool concepts.

To the point where I started writing down my own fanfic ideas into a notebook to see if I could.
Three notebooks later....I have a ton of fanfic ideas. ^^ lol. And more come everyday.

And while it's still a struggle to get the 'concepts' into 'story' format for me.
I've written more in the past few months than I've written in the past few years.

And that's the amazing thing.
That I'm writing so often and so consistently.

While it may be a struggle to focus on one idea on occasion.
The fact that I can get those ideas down on paper.
For the possibility of creating an actual story about them later.
Wow.
Just wow.

This obsession has sparked my passion for writing to go into overdrive basically.
And every passing moment. Every passing day.
I get closer and closer to getting my first fanfic completed.
To actually finishing a story.
Getting it one step closer to my goal of becoming a famous author some day.

Maybe the way to get to that famous thing.
is to start with the fanfics.
So I can practice writing out actual stories....
Before venturing off into my own stories with my own characters to create a book to be published.

So yah.
Obsessions can inspire passions.
And Detective Conan has definitely done that for me. :)

Yay for Both Passions and Obsessions. :D
Especially when one can help the other progress. X)


Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment