Sunday, March 19, 2017

Death in Threes

Ever have those days where you're just feeling....off?
Like something is wrong.
But you don't know why or how or what is wrong?

Yah I had that today.
I didn't figure it out until I got home from church and turned on the lights to my fish tank....

And discovered that sometime between 1 am the night before and 4pm today.....
Three of the four Bettas in my tank....
Had died.

O.O

It's just so....random.
They all, for the most part appeared to be fine last night when I went to bed.
Neptune was terrorizing the others.
Mars was acting a little odd hanging near the top of the tank when he's usually at the bottom.
Pluto swimming about in his area at the top of the tank.
And Mercury being terrorized by the others....

Yet somehow.
Mercury -the one betta that was the most beat up....survived.

While the other three died.

And I haven't the foggiest as to why. :(

Many would assume that all four of the bettas decided to get into a fight to the death in the middle of the night, leaving Mercury the victor.

Yet for all appearances...it didn't look like a fight.
Was it introducing too many new fish at once this week?
Was it another type of fish in my tank antagonizing my bettas without my knowledge?
Did I not feed them enough?
Did I feed them too much?
Did introducing some guppies into the tank cause issues?

Honestly.
There's no real way to tell.

but oh.
It was so depressing to lose three of my bettas all at once. Y_Y

My tank has been doing so well for the past month.
To have a set back like this....
Well.
It's depressing.

*exhales*

But it happens in the fish tank world.

So I guess I'm going to have to let my tank 'rest' for a bit and hold back on buying more fish for my tank for a bit.

And I was sooo close to getting all the fish I wanted in my tank actually in my tank!!
Gah!!

Let's hope this is a random thing and I don't end up losing all my fish in the process. :S

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment