Monday, November 13, 2017

April 2017 General Conference -General Women's Session

Bonnie H. Cordon -Trust in the Lord and Lean Not
  • Trust in the Lord.
  • Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
  • When we physically lean toward one side or another, we move off center, we are out of balance, and we tip. When we spiritually lean to our own understanding, we lean away from our Savior. If we lean, we are not centered; we are not balanced; we are not focused on Christ. 
  • Scriptures enlighten our minds, nourish our spirits, answer our questions, increase our trust in the Lord, and help us center our lives on Him.
  • Remember to search them diligently, that ye may profit thereby.
  • Heavenly Father is ready to give if we will but ask in faith.
  • When my focus turned to others, there was light, hope, strength, courage, and joy. When I thought about myself, my situation, my suffering and pain, the world became very dark and depressing.
Carol F. McConkie -The Beauty of Holiness
  • Holiness is in the striving and the struggle to keep the commandments and to honor the covenants we have made with God.
  • Holiness is making the choices that will keep the Holy Ghost as our guide.
  • Our Father in Heaven knows us. He loves us, and He has provided for us all that is required so that we can become holy as He is holy.
  • Most often it is the sacrifices we make to keep our covenants that sanctify us and make us holy.
Linda K. Burton -Certain Women
  • Do you not want the highest glory? How do you think to gain it save by making the greatest sacrifices? 
Henry B. Eyring -"My Peace I Leave with You"
  • If men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all [who] humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
  • Those who do not see their weaknesses do not progress. Your awareness of your weakness is a blessing as it helps you remain humble. 
  • The Spirit not only comforts you, but He is also the agent by which the Atonement works a change I your very nature.
  • You will at times have your faith challenged by Satan; it happens to all disciples of Jesus Christ. Your defense against these attacks is to keep the Holy Ghost as your companion. The Spirit will speak peace to your soul. He will urge you forward in faith. And He will bring back the memory of those times when you felt the light and the love of Jesus Christ.
  • Your power to do good as a group of God's daughters will depend, to a great degree, on the unity and love that exist among you.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment