Friday, November 10, 2017

What's the Cost?

I had a customer come into the store today, and ask me if I carried any Cory catfish besides our Peppered Cory's. 

So I showed her the other varieties besides the Peppered. The Greens, Albinos, Julies, and Sterbai's. 
She looked around. 
Asked the prices of the fish (though they're listed right below the tanks I pointed out. *rolls eyes*)
And then asked me "How many Green Cory's do you have?" 
-Because they were the only ones on sale for $2 each.
To which...she had eyes...she could probably count the cory's faster in the tank if she tried...so I did a quick look and was like "Six." 
And she was like. "I'll take them all." 
To which I did a closer look and was like. "There are more than six greens there." 
And she firmly stated. "I want them all." 

....Okay then.

>.< I honestly don't like customers who 'take the lot' because...what if other people wanted those fish as well? Why be greedy and take everyone? Why not leave some for other people? Because once you take all of a certain fish...I won't get any more until next Fish Shipment...meaning other customers would have to wait a week to get their own fish....*exhales*

Still. 
I set to catching all Ten Green Cory's for her. 

And while I was catching those fish.
The customer decided that she also wanted Three of the Albino catfish
And then caught sight of some of our white clouds that had just come in...and decided that she needed five of those as well.

Which I caught them all.
And asked her. "Is there anything else?" 
Like...did you need any other fish.
And she responded with: "Nah, I'm good, I only have twenty dollars on me, so I can't buy more fish." 

lol.
And I had that "freeze frame, record scratch moment." 
Of...You only have Twenty Dollars?

Because well...the Green Cory catfish were $2 each. And she'd had me catch all of them...
And all of them was ten.
And Ten times two definitely equals Twenty.

So I was like "This is more than $20 of fish...the ten catfish alone are twenty dollars..." 

And she was like ()_() WHAT?!?!
lol. So after a little bit of thought she told me to put back half of the catfish.
So I did. Which left her with five green cory's. Which would be about $10 for her. 

But she still had the three albinos....and those were $4 each. Which total would be $12....
Meaning that even before adding in the white clouds...she was already over the $20 limit again.

So in a smaller less confident voice, and after some apologies, she asked if I could put back two of the albinos. Leaving her with one. 

Which I totally have no problem putting fish back...it's a lot easier to fish the fish out of our small catch containers than in a big tank...so putting fish back. Not an issue for me.
And since the fish weren't that difficult to catch...I wasn't as miffed as I could have been, as it didn't take that long for me to catch the fish in the first place. 

In any case. She was left with 5 Greens and 1 Albino. Which would be $14.
Which now brought us to the white clouds...which were about $2 each. 
Having five meant...yep. She was again over twenty dollars as the 5 clouds would cost her just under $10 to get. 

So she had me put back two.
Which took her down $4...

And that basically left her at $20....
But then we had to account for tax.

And I have no idea how much tax she would have been charged.
So to be on the safe side...
We put back one more white cloud.

Which in the end left her with 5 greens, 1 albino, and 2 white clouds.

I bagged them up, and she went to the register to pay for them....
I'm guessing the total stayed under $20 or she had had more than that for the fish...because she didn't return to put back any more fish after that point. 

lol I totally get that 'gone fish crazy' thing go.
Where you want all the fish and you don't realize how much it's going to cost until you actually stop and add up all the numbers. 

*shakes head* 
I get that issue all the time lol. I buy fish too often for my own good. ^^;;; 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment