Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The Red Spot

I thought it was a mosquito bite originally. 
Because I remember touching the spot on my arm, and it twinged with the "itch!" reflex that accidentally brushing a mosquito bite usually triggers.
Plus the area had that white raised bump that usually indicates a mosquito bite.

So. Ignored it. 
Figured don't touch it and it will go away.
Though I was wondering...where in the world did I get bitten by a mosquito? As they haven't been around for a bit...and like...it happened indoors and I hadn't been outside recently. *shakes head*

But as the days passed.
I noticed that that spot on my arm, had gone from being white...to red.
And that red spot...wasn't fading.

In fact it was getting a little bigger.
And there were tiny bumps within the red spot. 

Which...I'd seen this before.
On my skin.
And I didn't want to see it again.
And I was strongly hoping that it wasn't what I thought it was.

But after another day of looking at it.
I decided that it was in fact... Ringworm. 

>.< 
Grrr.

Thankfully I caught it early, so it stayed just under being the size of a dime.

But it was so confusing as to how I got it....
And I can only guess that I got it from work, just before I left on vacation, as it didn't show up until the day after I got back from vacation....
And it can take around 10 days or so for it to show up on the skin....
Which means...yah I probably got it at work. 
>.< 

Foo.
*shakes head*
It's not surprising that I got it.
After all I work with animals all the time.
And we've had some issues with ringworm with our guinea pigs recently.
So it wouldn't be surprising that I somehow got it from them. Even though I'm always really careful around them when they end up with it. Wearing gloves and such. 
*exhales*
Who knows which creature I had it from 

But I had it.

And thankfully, I also had the cream still to treat it.
...since it seems like an every other year sort of thing for me to get. lol. 

And bonus! I caught it early enough that it actually faded much quicker. Within the week after treatment like the cream says it should.
So woot!!!

*fingers crossed* That I don't get it again anytime soon.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment