Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Pizza Pizza

I was Saved by Pizza today.

You see.
I had left work a couple of hours earlier.
After convincing the manager on duty to let a different coworker who is trained in my department, but isn't scheduled to work today in my department...take over for me so I could go home.

Why? Because my replacement coworker hadn't shown up yet.
And I didn't want to wait around any longer than I already had.
I was already supposed to have clocked out 10 minutes earlier. 

So taking advantage of the situation, knowing I had the coverage.
I asked and got the coverage.

And left.

Only for the manager to call me a couple of hours later.
Asking if I would be able to come in to help cover some lunches and such.

Why?
Because the coworker who was supposed to replace me...
Never showed up.
Because apparently their availability changed and they were no longer able to make the shift they were scheduled for today.

...which I wonder if another manager knew about this and then forgot to tell the rest of us. *shakes head*

But that left the store with just three people in the store.
A cashier, a person in my department, and the manager.

....Not good for an evening shift.
Though thankfully it's a Tuesday night, so they aren't as crazy as other nights.

And I would have been willing to come in.
-As I tend to want to help my work out when they're in trouble....even though I was confused as to why they were calling me as I already am at my max scheduled hours so if I were to come in...I'd be going into overboard.

However.
I couldn't come in right away.
Why?
Because I had just ordered a pizza. ^^;;; lol. 
And I was the only one home at the moment.
And wasn't expecting my roomies to show up until after the pizza arrived.
So I couldn't just leave because then who would grab my pizza?? 

I did say that I could come in in like an hour....
But that was too late for the manager's liking.

So. 
I ended up not going back into work tonight.
Thanks to me deciding to order pizza. ^^;; 

*fingers crossed* that my coworkers were able to survive. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment