Friday, November 24, 2017

Surviving Black Friday

So it came.
After like two weeks of preparation.
Black Friday finally came.

*shakes head*

And it definitely a bit of an experience lol. 

Mostly because it started off so slow.
It reminded me mostly of like my first year being at Starsmet.

Because when we opened the doors at 7am to let in the Black Friday shoppers. 
Instead of there being like 20-50 people waiting to come in.
We had like...6. 

O.o 
Where were the people waiting at the doors to come grab like 20 cases of Cat litter?
Where were the people anxiously waiting to come grab the cage and animal at half off?
Where were the dog food people?

Delayed apparently lol. 

I halfway wonder if online orders affected how many people were waiting at the doors.
Because I know a good 20 or so people had online orders in place.
And they were probably waiting to get their confirmation email before coming in.
So when the confirmation didn't show up....they didn't show up. 
(Because yay technology glitched and we couldn't access the servers to get everyone's online orders ready. :S ) 

It definitely threw me off a bit.
To have people only trickling in.

But that changed about 15 minutes after we opened the doors.
And I finally had my first PetCare customers.
Which resulted in me spending basically the next hour at the fish wall just catching fish lol. 

Because all the animals in the store were half off,
Many customers went all out.
Getting a ton of fish at once.
Because they're half off. Which meant a bit of time spent. When you have to catch ten or fifteen fish when usually you're only catching like 2 or 3. *shakes head*

It's also confusing when people get those big numbers, basically with the intention to 'take the lot' like....you could have left some for others too......

In any case.
My first hour was spent at the fish wall.
The second hour was halfway between the fish wall as that's when all the customers of the past week or so that had said they wanted me specifically to help them out with grabbing fishtank set up stuff came in.

And after that....
It's kinda interesting.
Like it stayed busy.
But, thankfully not hecticly busy. 

And the customers seemed to come in cycles.
Like...suddenly everyone wanted a hamster.
Or everyone wanted fish.
Or everyone wanted birds.

It was consistent enough that i was often helping multiple customers at the same time for the same section of the store, or else I would leave to check in on other areas of my department only to get called straight back to the section I'd just left. lol.

Still.
It was a good Black Friday. I think.
At least for my department because it was busy. But not crazy stressful busy.

So yah.
Yay for being at a job where the customers don't completely bonkers over sales. lol. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment