Sunday, November 12, 2017

Stay.

Do you ever wonder if things happen to you in order to help someone else?

Like this morning I woke up with a killer headache.
The annoying kind...
Because well...what did I ever do to deserve waking up to a headache?
(Going to have fun at a concert apparently isn't allowed or something.) 

But what if I got the headache for a different reason?

You see, one of my roommate's has been having trouble....in the things breaking down sort of nature.
Her car's been acting up.
Our garage door randomly broke...trapping her car inside the garage. (temporarily, funnily enough you can manually lift a garage door like some primitive savage or something. ;) ) 

Which meant that in the name of easy access....I would be the one to drive today to go to church....

Only I woke up with a major headache.
A headache, where I woke up and basically went. "I want to go back to bed."
But because I was parked behind my roomie who was trapped in the garage....it would mean I would be her ride.....so I was like...well I probably should check and decide if roomie was wanting to go to church because if she is wanting to then I could get ready and drive to church and possibly survive sacrament meeting, but I definitely would not be able to stay the rest of the time....

And my roomie, upon hearing that I had a headache, and that I would be the ride...
Was like. "Yah...seems like the signs are pointing to me needing to stay home today." 

Which was good enough for me.
Because I felt awful and all I wanted was sleep lol. 

But still....
I wonder.
Like....did I get the headache, that convinced us both to stay home from church today, in order to protect us from encountering something bad if we had gone out?

*shrugs*
Who knows....seriously. Nothing could have happened. Or something could have happened. But we won't know because we didn't go and do. 

Interesting how things happen like that....

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment