Wednesday, December 15, 2010

100

100 blog posts.
This is my hundredth blog post.
Its so strange to think that I've already posted a hundred blogs,
I feel like I've just begun, 100 days shouldn't have passed already
but they have.

I remember fondly the number 100.
Especially when it dealt with school.
More specifically elementary school.
I think there are only 180 days of school....
I'm pretty positive that is the number....
That calculates to about 6 months of school....
but with weekends and holidays I think that would be prolonged to a full school year.
*shakes head*
Anywho.
100.
I remember that on the one hundredth school day in elementary school,
we'd have this 'big' celebration where we would do all these different things with numbers.
We'd bring 100 items of something to show the class.
and decorate glasses in the shape of 100.
There might even have been an assembly...though I'm not positive.
I doubt that last one happened.
but it seemed like in the earlier grades K-4th it was important to remember the 100th day of school.
I kept the tradition going on the 100th day bringing 100 items....
but the 5th and 6th...maybe the 4th didn't seem to share the same appreciation for the hundred as the earlier classes.
I remember the last time I brought 100 pennies with me to school. I had stayed up counting them out and I was so excited to share!!....but I never did :( they didn't celebrate the 100.

Still when I hear the number 100, I'm taken back to those early days of school, when it was a special day for me. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment