Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Closet Shelf

The problem with being short...is that when you have a closet...and you can't see the top shelf very well...things can get shoved in back and 'lost' for years on end until you randomly decide to try and see whats up there, or try and shove something up there and it won't move against the the wall like you wanted it to so you decide to investigate...and end up finding surprises.

Today, after church that happened. Not to me.
But after trying to place something on the top shelf and it not moving back.

A wooden board was discovered to be in the back corner.
I think it might have been left there by my previous roommate, but not the one before since it doesn't seem like their style.
But this wooden board had these words painted on it.
"Forget the glass slipper, get me some boots!"

I found the saying kind of funny, but very true.
There are times where the 'glass slipper' just doesn't work for you and you need a different type of shoe. Whether it's tennis shoes, sandals, or boots....you need a different type of shoe.
Imagine trying to run on a track in glass slippers
or climb a rock in glass slippers

It just doesn't work that well. Sure its a shoe, but not the right type of shoe.

lol Yes It did remind me of Cinderella this saying.
It made me think "Don't treat me like a porcelain doll, but like an equal." or something like that.

I think what I actually thought of was
"Sometimes you need to stop with the fancy diplomacy and just get straight to the point by being blunt.


I don't know. Maybe its a "there's a time to be girly" ,but that's not right now "get me some boots!" Give me the work, the heavy stuff.

Amazing how many different thoughts can come to mind when a random object is found on a closet shelf.

Until you next read these words;
I"ll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment