Saturday, December 25, 2010

Pre-Dawn Christmas

You know what my favorite part of Christmas is?

Sneaking into the living room to check out all the presents.
If I'm sneaking up the stairs, or just sneaking along the hallway.
There is always a thrill that comes from turning that corner
And seeing all the presents  piled around the room.
My favorite part though was looking at the stockings hanging from the fireplace.
In the darkness its hard to see whats in the stocking.
I can make an educated guess.
(I'm one of those people who like to be surprised so I wouldn't just take the stocking
down off the fireplace and go through it. The anticipation of waiting is more fun then opening in my opinion)
at what might be in the stocking.
Presents...it was always fun to see where and how many presents were mine....
we always had 'special' wrapping paper. One for each sibling so we could see which presents were ours.

But back to wandering around in the darkness.
It was always my favorite part.
The sneaking.
Wincing at every creak of the floor, every random thing I actually brushed.
But sneaking there and then back to my bed...without being discovered...
ooo it was thrilling.
It still is.
Because not knowing what you're getting or how much you're getting....
It makes Christmas morning a bit more...
magical.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment