Monday, December 20, 2010

School Nightmares

I think it safe to say that we all have had nightmares about school.
Whether its from past classes, or classes up and coming, or just random school classes
that decide to pop into your brain....
We have basically all ended up dreaming about school in some way or the other.
Running late for school.
Having to go to a class you've never been to before and you need to take a class
Realizing after you get out of a class that its taken far longer then you thought it would
so you've missed other classes.

I know that many people dream about schools...mostly dealing with past schools. Or finals or something.

Me....not so much.
Oh occasionally I'll have dreams about school.
But rarely is it about anything relevant to me.
I actually like dreaming about schools lol.
Mostly because I've been in many creatively constructed ones in my dreams.
Ones made of glass, or classrooms stacked on top of each other in a tall tower, those with secret entrances, as well as those that have features of my elementary, Jr high, high, and college schools.
Most of the time I have fun dreaming about schools because of all the different details of things happening.
Having things where they shouldn't and such.
Plus the people I meet in them are interesting...though often I'm running from them.

But this dream I had last night.
It wasn't one of those creative dreams that had features of past schools and people.
No, it was one of those dreams that dealt with my upcoming semester in college.
I really don't think that has happened before.
Even though the school wasn't my college school.....
I could remember my schedule for this upcoming semester.
And I knew that I was missing classes and that it was the first day of school and such.
And I really didn't know what day it was because I kept thinking to myself
"This semester hasn't started yet. I'm not late, I haven't missed anything."
So I was conscious enough to realize that something wasn't right.

I really think that this dream just deals with my subconscious fears.
I'm taking one of the 'hardest classes' offered at my school next semester.
I've heard its hard to get over a C in that class.
So, I'm somewhat worrying about it. (even though I heard that the teacher curves as well.)
I am wondering if this class is actually really difficult.
Everyone says it is.
But I've heard that said before, and when the class has been taken....I still get the grade...
It wasn't hard at all.
So I'm looking forward to next semester because I want to see if this class will actually be challenging.
And I'm not looking forward to net semester because I know that this class will have a homework load for everyday. So its a wait and see situation until the new year starts.
But my mind is still trying to process this concept I think lol.

And this processing comes out in dreams.
Where I miss important classes on the first day.
*shakes head*
School is a big part of our lives.
It makes sense that we'll dream about it.

Hopefully though, more good dreams about school come out instead of bad ones of forgetting something.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment