Friday, December 17, 2010

IQ Music

I sometimes think that music devices have a mind of their own.
Especially the Ipod device. (or whatever music holder you own.)
Though they have a mind of their own, they usually are pretty in sync with our thoughts/needs.
Sometimes the music will be the opposite of what you want to hear.
Othertimes it will be exactly what you want to hear.
(This is if you put it on random or just select a playlist and let it go without skipping songs)

Oftentimes when my mood is down my ipod will start playing church songs, or ones with high energy.
lol I think it tries to cheer me up. :)
Sometimes the ipod will just match my mood exactly and subtly change it by moving through my many different songs.
But its amazing how music can influence our moods.

Earlier today I was playing a couple of.....idk...'get down on myself' songs....or songs where they reflect that I'm frustrated. A few of those were- Jack's Lament, The Riddle, and My Eyes. As well as the "I cannot find my way" song from the Forgotten Carols.

But I managed to cheer myself up by playing "Into the Fire." and while reading other blogs, listening to the Christmas music that they have there. (No I am not putting music on this blog :P)
A couple of my new favorite Christmas songs that help...Calm me down and help me to look "outwards" to others are. "I want to see Christmas through your eyes." and "All I want for Christmas is You."
Those two songs really helped me to get through this past Finals Week.

But its really interesting how well music can have us pegged.
They know when its good to just let us 'vent' our emotions (sad or glad or angry) and play music that helps us do that.
But they also know when to get us to change our way of thinking by playing music that we don't want to hear.
Sometimes we can force ourselves to stay in our current mood. (mostly on the more :( side of the spectrum) But I find I cheer up faster when I let my Ipod choose. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment