Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snow Game

It snowed today.
And I had the fun task of driving in it.
The snow was falling.
The roads were slushy and I was at risk of spinning out
It was weird driving through the storm.
Because I didn't feel like I was going fast enough.
When I was going over the speed limit
(This was before the roads got bad)
When the roads did get bad...I always thought I could go faster
Though my passengers told me to stay under the speed limit.

Still, while navigating the snow covered roads
I was reminded of the dentist.
lol odd thing to be reminded of, but it wasn't the dentist itself
But a game at the dentist before they switched buildings.
It wasn't even my dentist.
My siblings and I had different dentists.
But in their dentist place...for one time only.
(I remember this being at the dentist...but its possible it could have been elsewhere..dentist related...it might have been that surgery dentist place)
I just remember this old arcade looking thing.
But it wasn't really a game.
But you could drive in different types of weather.
And I remember either reading or hearing something along the lines of.
"In a snow storm people often think they're driving slower then they actually are."
Or maybe it was faster...
All I know is that, when the weather conditions are less then ideal....
You can't really tell how fast you are going.
You may feel you're going really fast....when you're going slow.
More often I feel like I'm going really slow...when I'm actually going pretty fast.

But as I drove on those snow covered roads.
I was reminded of that old video/game thing.
Telling me that speed....feels different in different weather.

So pay attention to the speedometer.
and be safe while driving in less then ideal weather.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment