Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Toy Story

I'm sure we've all done it.

Carefully we set up our toys
Placing them in particular positions.
Before we leave.
Hoping when we come back, that we catch the toys out of their position.
That they actually do come to life.

lol.
The problem with that is....memory.
Being gone long enough from the room...
You forget how exactly you had placed the toys.
So you're never sure if they actually had moved or not.

Still, you hope. Do my toys actually come to life?
Do they have thoughts? Feelings? Wants and Needs?
I know, that I often give 'inatimate' objects thoughts and feelings.
Most of the time it deals with an object 'going first' or 'going last'
You don't want that object to be alone.
That toy to feel cold.

I think Toy Story might have had a huge influence on me with the whole
"Toys come to life" idea.
It brings a certain magic to play time.
With the idea that...maybe just maybe, the toys come to live.
I never really feared that my toys were 'out to get me' though.
I made sure to play nice enough with them that they didn't hold grudges lol. ;)
I wouldn't want my toys to come after me and tell me to "play nice."

It was nice, with the toy story movies, to revisit them. Like I sometimes revisit my old toys.
Hours seemed to pass by with a new toy, or an older one as we went on adventures everywhere.
Especially around Christmastime as I grow older and hardly any toys come into my possession.
How fun it was, when I was younger, to be able to spend the rest of Christmas day
just sitting in the living room or the bed room and play.
Going on imaginary adventures. Having fun the whole while. lol. :)
It was a blast, and I love my toys alot, for the good times.
For being my friends when I had none.
For being a comfort in the dark.
And for being a laugh a minute wherever I was.

So this is to you: My Stuffed Animals and Toys throughout the years.
Especially to Jasper my buddy through it all.

Thanks.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment