Friday, December 3, 2010

Honor Them Always

Its one of the ten commandments isn't it.
Honor thy mother and thy father.

Be grateful to them, honor them always.

Sometimes I think people look at me weird when
they find out that I don't really have any grudges against my parents.
I don't hate them. (even in the teenager years lol.)
I do get annoyed with them every once in a while,
lol especially when I was younger and I was told to do something I didn't want to do...
but I never reached a level of dislike that often times people I know would reach.
I have felt very lucky to have the parents I have.
They're just, fair, punish me when I deserve to be punished, and spoil me without leaving me a brat. lol.
I'm grateful for the way they've helped me move through life growing and such.

I haven't yet reached a point where I can help them back.....but I try.
For all those years of help and support I try to give back.
In small ways.
One of those ways is me calling them almost every night.
To check in. To let them know I'm alive and well, and to find out what happens on a day to day basis.
I call so often because I that way, if I need something, I don't feel like I only call when I'm in trouble either emotionally or physically or even spiritually.
I can call them just to chat, or to get advice on this and that.
In no ways am I obligated or order to call my parents every night lol.
Sometimes I feel they may look at me in askance
(hard to look when we're over the phone...so maybe they look at each other)
Wondering why I insist on calling everyday.
Perhaps its my way of showing how I'm grateful to have such wonderful parents.
I've never wished for any other, and I hold tightly to them so that our connection never wavers.
I know I was extremely lucky in coming to my family.
I know that other people I have come in contact with don't have it....the same way I do.
Their family structure is different....and often times causes tensions between child and parent.
Yet, I feel that they still love their parents....
but I'm not sure if they Honor them, or are Grateful for their parents.
But then again....what doe sit mean to honor them?
Honoring them could be staying out of their hair and only calling once in a while to check in.
Being grateful could mean a Christmas and birthday card each year.
What is the difference between honoring and being grateful?
Is there a difference?
I don't really know lol.
I really think it depends on the family and relationships.

Yet sometimes I wonder if I'm doing enough to show my gratitude and honor my parents.
Is there something more I can do at this moment in time to support them, to show my love for them?
I'm sure there is. There usually is always a way you can keep moving forward showing gratitude, honoring them.
But perhaps my parents are fine for the moment, just knowing I'm alive is enough lol.
Mayhaps its those who I consider close family, parent figures, or even sibling figures that I need to show my gratitude for. Show honor to my elders....
Its just a question of how. :)
How can I serve/help/be there today for those figures....

A big question...that I will either figure out on my own...or be shown how....sometime.
I just need to search for a way. lol. :)

Honor your mother and your father.
Show them gratitude.
Even if relations between them are strained.
If there is a will....there is a way.
But first you need to will.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment