Sunday, June 17, 2012

Just Us Two



I coulda had some sticky glue.

Sparkling up a card for you.

I coulda got some bits of cloth.

To make you a tie with lots of knots.

I coulda got you a pail of sand.

To build a castle by shovel and hand.

I coulda got you lots of things.

Like a program with many songs to sing.

Yet in this bag of plain design

I have a simple gift in mind.

Two delicious cookies that we can share.

So that you know that I really really care.

One for me and one for you,

And time together just us two!

For on this special Father’s Day I just want to say

You’re the bestest Daddy in every single way!



Happy Father’s Day!

                                             -S.N.D


^^
Can I just say that I love to write poems?
Because I do!
I love love love writing poems ^^
They can be so fun.
And I also like writing stories.
Sooo here's the story of how that poem came to be like two days ago :) lol
A couple of days ago my Mom called me on the phone.
(She teaches the Nursery Kids)
"I have an idea for Father's Day for the kids. I'm going to get some cookies and stick two of them into a bag so that the dad can have one and the kid can have a cookie as well. I would like you or Kikay to write a poem that just expresses the cookie in the bag idea with Father's day from the Nursery Kids."
I was like:
()_() *shoots hand up in the air* Oh! OH! PICK ME!!!
haha :) I did ask Kikay if she wanted to write a poem as well.
She let me do it.
^^ Woot!
Love the poem writing ^^ lol
I think I may have a gift there. >.> shhhh. <.< Don't tell anyone. ;) haha.
Anywho. After a couple of poems that got scrapped.
I came up with the one written above ^^
I was hoping to convey a child giving their Daddy a present.
:) I think it worked.
And I had fun doing it as well!! ^^ lol

And yah...that's the story of how my poem came to be. :)

I hope all you Daddy's out there have an Awesome Father's Day!!
^^
Lots of Love to my Daddy as well ^^ He's the bestest! :)
Now...to find him some cookies to share... >.> <.< ;)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

*Editor's Note: To those of you who saw my blog post yesterday...that was videoless...the video is now  uploaded!! :) Sorry for the delay. :S




No comments:

Post a Comment