Friday, June 29, 2012

Remembering Drifter

It's always hard to lose a friend.
Especially if you weren't expecting their passing.



Yesterday evening I was told that our kittycat Drifter....
had been found in the garden, curled up like he'd just gone to sleep.
Y_Y It hit me hard.
Tears and everything.
He'd looked pretty fine when I'd last seen him.
Though he'd gotten super skinny...I'd hoped that it was from the heat wave and he'd just shed a lot of fur. We knew there was something wrong with him...as he'd eat and eat but not gain any weight.



In any case...I didn't have a very happy evening last night.
I'd raised Drifter from a kitten, taming him.
He and his brother Ecli (short for Eclipse. he was fully black)
Were the mellowest cats ever. Always hanging out in our front yard, waiting to be fed or given attention. I thought they would live forever because they stayed in our yard.
They were super cute together these brothers.
But Ecli disappeared one day and didn't come back.
Now Drifter is gone.
Leaving us with just Dove -the mother- as the outside cat.
I wonder...how she must feel to continuously out live her children.
She's had so many litters over the years, and I don't know if any of those other litters are still living.
There is the possibility that Jag (short for Jaguar) is still around. Totally gone feral.
Right now she has a kitten she's raising. (Whisker)
*sighs* But how sad must it be for her, to have her son go?




Its super sad for me. Moreso with Drifter.
Why? Because I know for a fact that he won't be coming back....Dad found the body.
All the other cats just disappear. So I don't know if they're dead or still alive...

Y_Y But I miss them all. Mourn all their disappearances. Because I have such an emotional attachment to them.
lol I tamed them. Insisted on feeding them. Hung out with them. They were like friends and I look forward to seeing my kitty cats every time I come home.
lol I guess you could say that I'm kinda a cat whisperer. A cat tamer?
I feel a bond with those feline friends.

I hope Drifter is happier now. With catnip and cat friends to play with to his hearts content.




Rest in Peace Drifter. Rest in Peace.



I shall miss thee.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

We were on a rescue mission, Kikay, Meralto and I.
We drove up from college town on two motorcycle/bikes -me on one, Kikay driving the other with Meralto behind. We were going to a factory to rescue the father of someone. It was kinda like Perry the Platypus, but an Otter. This factory was using animals as part of the machines to do things. The Otter we were rescuing was standing in the line of long boards -kinda like those currents that you draw across big windows like glass doors to the patio with the boards facing vertical instead of horizontal. He was getting hit by those brown board like things 'cleaning them' off as they hit against him. There was also a goose type creature as well we were looking for. We found the factory and managed to sneak inside to the workers (now human) and rescue them. Particularly there was a character named Ben. I think he might have driven up from college town with us, but he was a tall lanky dude who was a bit awkward and low on self confidence but desperate to help. We managed to find the people we were looking for and rescued the rest of the poor people. Many of them had disabilities. There was this girl with down syndrome that we rescued and I think her 'tender' the woman in charge tried to come with us as we tried to drive away, but my car was acting up. If I turned the key wrong it was like the car was just in neutral position and wouldn't speed up to drive our getaway. So we ended up slowly driving in the parking lot of the church going around the front and back around the side to the hill where I spotted Patrick. I spotted his wife earlier in the drive around though I didn't know if they were still married, but I pulled over and offered to give him a ride back down to his home in North College town. I don't know if he got into the car, but we ended up getting distracted with a news bit that we were the 'evil' guys taking potential workers away from the factory. These people with disabilities helped out with simple tasks like getting coffee or fetching candy from the candy machine which one person said 'they can't function without' and that they were helping the job index the FDA or something to be lower then the national average and that by 'freeing' the workers we weren't doing them any favors and making the ratings worse.
On the run we stopped by my parents home for a quick break. The down syndrome girl and woman disappeared inside and didn't come out again. We decided that she was staying inside. My cousins Kjersti and her husband and daughter drove up in my dad's truck. -they'd been helping us out. And said that 'this had been fun' but that they needed to get back home and put their little one asleep. I gave them the go ahead to do that as we waited in my car for my siblings to show up. They finally did come out of the house and got in the car. We were waiting to see if Ben would come back out as well....but he didn't. Then all these guys...like gangsters started showing up at our house and going inside. I didn't like this at all. So I took the initiative and started the car trying to speed away, but the car just glided along the road, not going very fast, so I had to stop it at Kingdom drive to turn it off and then on again so we could go speeding away, I did a U-turn back past the house with Meralto besides me and we saw this giant black shape floating in the sky. At first glance it looked like a body  with the body horizontal and the legs hanging down more vertical  with hands tied together and feet tied together in a large black garbage bag. For a moment I feared that the bad guys had killed Ben, but one of my siblings made a grab for the floating black object and discovered it was a huge teddy bear that we thought belonged to Kjersti's family. We left it laying on our Neighbor Leo's hedge and took off. Kikay sitting behind me on the motorcycle and Meralto on his own by himself. We couldn't wait any longer for Ben wherever he went, we were being hunted so we had to go. But the ride wasn't easy. Kikay and I struggled to get in sync enough to lean into the turns so that we could turn. Also when I rode off I had a stuffed animal tan colored dog gripped tightly in my left hand. -it was given to me by my parents last Christmas in my stocking.- and I hadn't put it away before we began riding away, so it was held in my grip as I tried to hold onto the handle bars waiting for the moment when we would stop at a light so that I could stick it in my jacket pocket instead. Kikay and I still struggled to turn, it felt like she was leaning backwards trying to drag me off the bike whenever we made the turn, and when we stopped she would get off which was bad because the lights were changing to green rather quickly. I managed to move my stuff animal into a jacket pocket at the light where we wait to turn onto the old highway to get onto the highway. Meralto was ahead of me. Kikay got off for a bit, but hurriedly got back on as the light changed to green. I shot off peddling as hard as I could but it seemed like Kikay's weight wasn't helping any. I wondered how Meralto and Kikay had managed to ride up here in the first place, because I remembered they'd come up together. We pulled off to the side where there was a black tar path that was very steep next to the road, because this definitely wasn't working. So we were parked in the dirt trying to figure out how to get back home. I didn't remember it being this tough and out of the dusty fog walked my parents coming home from work. The bus had dropped them off near the freeway entrance and they'd walked up the hill to the light in their respective work clothes. I was so relieved to see them...

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarnic, I am so sorry! I loved hearing about that cat! If there's anything I can do, let me know!

    ReplyDelete