Saturday, June 30, 2012

Heat Pack Injury


A quick lesson.
Heat packs are awesome for getting rid of aches and pains.
But be careful when putting extremely hot hot packs on bare skin.

^^;; Heh.
You see, I hurt my forearm last night.
When I went fencing and a friend wacked me pretty hard in the midst of our duel.
You can tell its a hard whack when its still just as painful a day later as when I first got hit with it.
So I went to the regular standby.
A heat pack.
Only...I guess I microwaved it too hot.
-by microwaving it once. Using it for a bit then microwaving it again when it was loosing heat.
Apparently that second time...
Got it really hot.
Because I could feel it burning on my skin.
But I couldn't tell if this was really really hot.
Or if my skin was just super sensitive.
I think it was a little bit of both.
Because after leaving the heatpack home and doing other things for forty five minutes...
I looked at the injury. And saw that it was all blotchy red.
It was as wide as my hand.
Red marks surrounded by white.
It didn't hurt (beyond the first injury) and it didn't itch.
Soo it wasn't a rash. wasn't anything else.
We kinda figured that I scalded my skin. :S
Oops.
I got all the skin cells too hot and they were in panic mode.
"HELP!!" (turns red)
"WE'RE TOO HOT!!"
heh. Needless to say I didn't use the heat pack for the rest of the night.
And the...nearly sunburned looking skin.
Now is back to its normal pale color.
Still painful
But no longer feeling like its under attack.
The injury and the heat pack have made friends again lol :)

However. I've learned a lesson.
Placing hot things on bare skin.
Does not bode well.
If it hurts when you put the heat on it.....then its burning you.
TAKE AWAY THE HEAT!
haha :)

At least the 'damage' wasn't lasting :)
My skin cells have recovered ^^
Woot.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I woke up in the middle of the night and opened my eyes. In my room I saw a blue glowing human face. I didn't want to deal with it, so I closed my eyes and went back to sleep, but I was awakened later with the same blue spirit there. Somehow I ended delving into this spirit's past, and found out her name was Marissa Flynn (Fletcher Flynn, other F..... Flynn names) She was a beautiful young woman who went into a house for shelter one night, and ended up being killed. The garbage man picked up her naked body and carelessly tossed it on the otherside of a bench so the limbs splayed out every which way, barely covereed with a cloak/blanket. I was told this story by my mom as she helped me in my bedroom to...pack I think it was. We ended outside at a ward breakfast party to get food, and I was trying to put the healthy cereals -life, cheerios- among others together and to get enough food ready for all the guests, while Marissa Flynn tried to take out some sort of revenge on the party....

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment