Sunday, September 22, 2013

Which Side?

My brother is one of those middle children.
Even though he's the youngest. 
He's a middle child.
In that, Kikay and I are usually opposite of each other in our opinions.
and he tends to side with one of us.

I usually notice this with food.
When my family goes to a restaurant, Meralto will end up either getting what I get, or what Kikay is getting.

But earlier today, Meralto gave a talk in Church. As it was his farewell talk.

And I noticed that we like to give talks in a similar way.

In that we use...metaphors? Analogies? To give our topic.

He use stories, object lessons, relating them to the topic at hand.

Meralto's talk was on Missionary Work.
And he related a missionary to a quilt.

Using the front, stuffing, back, edging, and stitches.
He related it to, the missionary look, knowledge of the gospel, the support of friends and family, the Holy Ghost as a companion, etc.

It was awesome. :)
And totally helped me pay attention.
lol I don't think I'm going to look at a quilt the same way again.

Though I have to remember, ;) A missionary may be a quilt, but that doesn't mean you can go wrap them around you for warmth while they're on their mission. lol.
Great line, bro. Great line.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi  

No comments:

Post a Comment