Thursday, September 5, 2013

Refinding Episodes

Movies.
I have a variety of them.
And enough of them, that they don't all fit on the holder I have for them.
So movies that...aren't as popular with most people, I just stacked into a basket.
And basically forgot about them.

Until the other night.
When my roommate invited her brother, and two friends over for dinner.
After the food.
The boys in the group decided to go through my movies to pick one that they wanted to watch.
-The brother had apparently already done this once when my roommate first moved in.
In any case.
They noticed the basket.
And became like kids at Christmas when they found what was inside.

"Sarnic! You watch Yu-gi-oh?!"
"Why, yes. Yes I do."

lol I had a few dvds of different Yu-gi-oh episodes in the baskets. You know, some of my favorite episodes from the first season or two.

They got so excited.
Which is rather surprising. Because before this point I'd gotten the O.o "you watch yu-gi-oh?" look. Where it's the 'you're so immature' sort of expression. *shrugs* (which is why they were in the basket)
To each their own I suppose (they were probably Pokemon obsessed or something.)

In any case. They were so excited that I had Yu-gi-oh.
That we actually sat down and watched a couple of episodes.

lol. I hadn't seen these episodes in years.
It was rather interesting to note the differences of what actually happened, to what I remembered happening.

For one. These guys sure do talk a lot.
I remember the episodes mostly being battles.
But no. It was just a lot of talking really.
So weird.
Some characters were more preachy. Giving 'morals of stories' as they talked.
Others were the explainers. The characters who explain why something is happening so that other characters (and those watching who may not know the rules) can understand.
then there were the POTO (point out the obvious) characters. "Wow! This is intense!" "The tension is increasing again.!" (like it ever faded)
And the criers. "Aww. So sad!" *tears break out* "these best of friends are fighting each other. I can't take this!"

Plus, it was weird to realize how short these battles actually were. I think in the end the characters won the battle in like...ten moves? I was like O.o No! They made soo many more moves then this!
lol but they didn't.

*shakes head*
Wow. Such differences.
But, it was fun to indulge in my inner child a bit.
Before you know...we turned off the Yu-gi-oh and switched to watching Captain America. ;) lol

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Kikay and I had been somewhere, I think with our grandparents, maybe at a concert of some sort. And it was time for us to return home. But when we got on the freeway....the road we were taking wasn't taking us towards home. It looked like we were passing by happy valley, and heading west to a canyon on the far side of the valley. I hadn't driven this route before, but I knew we would need to get off the road before we went into the canyon because who knew when another exit would come up. So I took the next exit which lead me to another exit, which took me onto a different highway...that still wasn't taking me home. I was supposed to be on the 80, but I'd gotten on the 84 and just switched to the 82. Still not heading home. We somehow ended up at my Washington family's house. Where we encountered...weirdness. It was like we got sucked into some sort of spell. Because at the restaurant/home we'd eaten something, and suddenly me, Kikay, a set of twins, and a bunch of other people we were with were hanging from different trees. Maples, Oaks, etc. But we weren't human. We'd been changed into dragons, and like bats we hung there asleep. Until we woke up then, we'd 'disengage' from the tree...we'd stop blending in. And fall to the ground. It happened again and again, until I refused to take the food. Then, I didn't change into a dragon. Instead, I ran through my cousin's house and ended up in CaryRu's shared room. I got a bit distracted looking at all the different movies that they had there, and didn't quite realize they were setting up a trap for me in the bathroom...an underground lake, that would get me back into my dragon form....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment