Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pinky Pain

Ow.
Ow.
Ow.
Ow.

I did something to my pinky last night.
Okay, it's not a vague something,
I know what I did.
I just don't know why it has ended up hurting so much.

Here's the gist.

We had a sale going on.
And there was this item I wanted to buy at work.
Only, it wasn't on the shelf.
But when I checked electronically, it said we had more of that item somewhere in the store.
The problem was...the one guy who knew were everything was...had just left, and I hadn't thought to ask him.
But asking some others, we figured out where it might be.
However, since the store was still open at that time, we couldn't grab the items, because they were up on shelves...requiring a forklift to get them down, and we were busy enough that we couldn't take the time to go searching for this product I wanted that may or may not have actually been there. (sometimes the electronic inventory lies to us.)

So we waited for the store to close, because I would still be there, and I could just quickly buy the stuff and all would be well.

We got the forklift out.
Pulled down a pallet.
Started going through the different boxes.
And as we were moving one box up to look into one below it.
I put my hand down there.
And experienced sudden shooting pain in my right pinky finger.
Talk about OW!!
It felt a lot like I'd caught my nail on something and had it jerked painfully upwards.
But...I'm not sure that that was what it did.
Because it still hurts.
Over 24 hours later. :S

And I don't even know what I caught/jammed my finger on.
Because it was a cardboard box with animal toys in it! The edges of the lid? I don't know. I just know it was the "AH! AH! AH! *wave your hand like a maniac* in pain sort of moment. If I hadn't been working with animals I totally would have sucked on my pinky to 'make the pain go away.'

Whatever I did, it was painful enough to cause it to bleed.
Whatever I did, might have hurt the tip of my finger.
Whatever I did....I ended up not finding the thing I wanted that night. :(

The problem is...once again, I can't tell if there is anything actually wrong with the nail, because I got my nails shellacked again. >.> Certainly annoying even if it is fun to look at.

So I'm clueless about what's actually wrong with the tip of my poor pinky finger. I know that pressure causes it pain. I'm guessing I did something to the bed of the nail because it hurts in that area.
Who knows.

All I know...is that typing doesn't help my pinky at all. The poor thing. The pressure of pressing the keys is sending signals of agony to my brain. It's not as bad as the first wack. But still hurts. :S I'm kinda glad I have a couple days off of work, because who knows how well I'll fare in an environment that likes to cause pain to fingers of the heedless.

Here's to hoping it will feel better in the morning. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dichi

The Dream
 
Involved me losing the top left second molar....

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment