Saturday, August 31, 2013

Why Do You Do That?

Have you ever suddenly realized you were doing something...something that you've actually been doing for a while, but only just realized that you were doing it?
 
Yah. I've had a couple of those recently.
 
One, was when I was home with my family. You see, my Mom has an Ipad with a fun bejeweled game I always have to play when I'm home. So there I was playing it, and my mom was watching me when she said "It's interesting that you use your ring finger to swipe at the jewels instead of your middle or pointer finger."
I was like O.o *glances at finger* Oh. I was.
Lol and then I had to think of why I didn't use the first two fingers on my hand to do it.
1. That finger bends at a better angle, so it's easier for me to touch the screen.
2. I usually keep the fingernails on the middle and front finger a little longer, which makes it difficult to touch the screen.
3. I probably hurt one or two of the fingers in the past, and just used the ring finger to use it.
4. I'm just weird like that. ;) haha.
5. I think I have better control when moving my finger around the screen?
 
I don't know. It's just a quirk that I have.
haha, and it's funny because I was playing the game again the next morning.
And my dad observed "you're playing with your pointer finger today."
O.o *glances at finger* Oh. I was.
 
Lol and there was no rhyme or reason why. :)
I guess I just switch between fingers as the mood takes me. 
But I do know that it became hard to focus solely on the game now that I was made aware of how I was playing the game. haha. It amused me.
 
Then, there's a second one where I noticed it this past week at work.
I've developed this habit, when I'm cashiering, where I tap the receipt machine with my hand just before the receipt prints out. And then my hand moves up, tears out the receipt and I hand it to the customer.
I don't know why I tap that machine. Maybe some subconscious part of me thinks that the receipt won't print out or will print out faster if I do it? Maybe its more of a sequence of events.
Look at screen to see if all is in order, tap the machine when I know that the receipt will be printing out, receipt prints out...
Yah who knows. It's just one of those quirks I developed over the past little bit. :)
Probably around the time we got a new system....

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi  

No comments:

Post a Comment