Saturday, August 24, 2013

An Hour Over

I knew my plan was going to go awry in some way.
I mean, if it involves work, and me planning to be done or start at a specific time....it won't happen.
And I really should continue to give into my thoughts of 'maybe I should double check what time I start work.'

So the story.
There I was, having just gotten off work. It was after 10pm. And Cinres had just put up the schedule. Duly I noted down what days I was working next week and went home.
Only somewhere in the process of me remembering next week's schedule....I confused what time I would be working the next morning. I'd gotten it stuck into my head that I would be coming in at 7am. That's basically the time I'd been coming in on that day for the past couple of weeks. I knew I had to go to bed at 11, which totally meant I would be getting up at 6 so I could get my six hours of sleep.
You see the flaw there? Yah, my head was somewhat correct in that it knew I had to go to bed at 11...which six hours from that point would mean I should have gotten up at 5. Which meant that I would have had work at 6am.
However, I proceeded to think that I would be getting up at 6 and going to work at 7.
lol, no wonder I felt rested. I got an extra hour of sleep I wasn't planning on.

Then I looked at my phone and saw that I'd missed a call from Starsmet.
:S Uhoh. That's never good. So I went to my inbox and listened...."Hey Sarnic...are you alright? You were supposed to be in at 6...."
Crap.
So I called right back "Sorry! I'm fine, just looked at the schedule wrong, thought I'd be in at 7 so I'll be there in about 15 mins."

Still, I wasn't too worried about being late to work.
For two reasons.
The first....because I thought that somebody was already there in my department. Cinres has been scheduling early morning shifts for us which start at 4am. And it being a bedding change day...I totally thought that he had scheduled somebody to come in at 4. Because he said he would for sure do it on specific days where the bedding changes take longer.
Well....when I got into work....everything was still dark in my department. :S Uhoh. I knew something was wrong. Because something should have been turned on because we didn't have cats to do...and the first opener would have already been there for three hours.
Since nothing was opened....that meant....
Crap. I was the opener. I was supposed to be doing the bedding changes.
And...I'd just lost an hour of work. I only had two hours to do a potentially four hour bedding change before the store opened. :S
Not good. We're working on having the whole department open by the time the store opens.

But. Luckily. I'm good at bedding changes. Luckily, I can go into hyper drive. And I managed to get the bedding change done before the store opened! Ha! That didn't mean that we got the whole department open by the time the doors opened. But with my second opener coming in we were able to get done pretty soon after customers were allowed inside.
Whew.

Now. For the second reason why I wasn't worried about being late to work.
You see, earlier in the week -a day when I worked the 4am shift- I ended up staying an hour later then I was scheduled to due to a coworker not showing up.
Can I tell you how tiring that was? Because it was tiring. I'd spent the previous day cleaning up the apartment for an apartment cleaning check, then I had to get up at 4am and clean some more with bedding changes, not to mention scrub tanks of algae. In the end. I found it difficult to stay awake that last hour because I was just mentally and physically exhausted.
In any case. The staying an hour later comes into play.
Because I'd been scheduled at the maximum hours I could get without over time. Before staying an hour later. And staying an hour later would put me on over time. Which...the managers don't want you to do. So to make sure I stayed under my 'cap' hours. I was allowed to leave an hour earlier from work on a different day.
And which day was it?
Yah. The day I slept in.
That's why I wasn't concerned.
Because I had already planned on loosing an hour in my shift this day.
But instead of taking it at the end of my shift, I lost the first hour of my shift instead.
So, it all worked out in the end.

In the end...that's why I shouldn't plan to get done or start at a specific time when it involves work.
For you see, the day I spent an hour later at work....I'd told Kikay to expect me to drop by soon after I was scheduled to get off.
Well...I didn't get off at the scheduled time I had told her.
Then the day I was supposed to leave early, I'd planned to do stuff after that point where I was supposed to get out. And...yah I ended up sleeping in and put my hour there instead of afterwards.

haha :) Note to self: Don't plan for specific times. Not when it involves work.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in a school setting, where some 'spin alarm' guy had tried to make a bomb in one of the old bell alarms and we were trying to figure how he did it, and the students were made to look for the bell that had been the bomb to see if they saw anything out of the ordinary and how they would need to look out for it again in the future. Once that was done, we gathered together for a prize award drawing. Everyone in my class wrote their names on pieces of paper (or other comments and such) and put them in a box to be drawn out. I was sitting at a picnic table with a bunch of my classmates. I'd put in number 23. -As they were drawing out numbers and I was the 23rd person. The drawing commenced and prizes were awarded. Then the prize of being a manager the 'second in command' manager was awarded to number 16. That should have been a boy sitting across from me, but he just grinned and shook his head. The drawer opened the paper...and it was me. My classmates had all written notes for me and about me, basically stating that they thought I should be the newest manager at work. I was surprised and flattered......and later at work, I ran into our old manager Toc as we were trying to deal with the bombing situation still. As one of our animals had gotten hurt, one of the Russian Turtles, but we at work hadn't quite noticed that anything was wrong until the vet took a look at him. The bullet that had come through the 32nd story had whizzed right under the turtle and had left a wound just below his tail. We hadn't noticed because we thought that the mark would be higher on the body. In any case I was setting to putting him back into his cage so he could heal, when Toc walked by so I showed him the turtle's wound....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment