Sunday, August 4, 2013

You Know You Want To Eat It

I felt like a proud parent today.
Which is rather weird...since I have no kids....

Rather, I had work today.
And as it's Sunday, that means that the snakes get fed.
Yay for feeding the snakes!
:P lol
In any case.
It's really rewarding to work so hard to get that dead mouse at the right appetizing temperature and move it in just the right way to simulate that it's alive, and actually have the snake go for it!
Especially if said snake hasn't eaten in like a month.
Then you're jumping up and down cheering like it's the final touch down of the game. "yah! I knew you'd eat it! I knew it!"
lol. It's soo rewarding to actually have the snakes eat their food.

But it's all the more frustrating when the snakes don't eat their food and you saw that they ate just fine the week before, and the week before that. Super annoying. Especially when I'm kinda on a time crunch to get everybody fed and back onto the floor for people to oogle at.

Soo I like it when the snakes eat their food. Even if they choose to eat it when I have to step away for a bit to help customers. At least they ate it! lol But yes, I did do a little 'celebration dance' every time the snake chose to eat. Followed by cries of "Yes! Way to go! Eat that mouse! Woot!" Especially if they chose to eat more then one. :D

The feeling must compare to finally convincing your child to eat Broccoli in some sort of way right? Because if I was a snake...I wouldn't go within ten feet of that dead thing being wiggled at me. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment