Saturday, August 17, 2013

Did Someone Order The Early Morning Wakeup Call?

Oops.
So, the other day/night I had one of those annoying headaches that won't go away after a little sleep.
And when that happens, I end up taking a shower, just to see if the heat and the force of the water could pound away at my shoulders -which were tense and were causing the headache.
In any case...since I had early work...at like 4am. I was up the hour before that. And had plenty of time to see if the shower would help.
It didn't.
It made things a little worse I suppose.
Because after like a 15 minute dosage of hot water upon my back...the steam had built up pretty thickly.
And unthinkingly, I opened the door so I could finish getting ready for work.
Not 5 minutes later.
The fire alarm went off.
"Danger! Danger! Fire! Fire!"
Piercing shrieks, flashing lights, loud unfamiliar voices.
Yah...at 3:30am in the morning.
Oops.
You see, the alarms here are sensitive enough, that if you let too much steam build up, and release it all at once, the smoke detectors think it's smoke...and yah sounds off the alarm.
I would say 'luckily I was the only one home' but...I live in an apt building. And I'm pretty sure the whole place went off in a fire alarm.
Soo yah. I basically woke everyone up. :S Oops.

If anything, I can consider myself lucky. I don't think anyone knows who set off the fire alarm. I doubt if anybody in my ward is aware of this blog post. Soo I'm safe from the wrath.
Plus...it has been a couple of days. lol Hopefully they've forgotten it by now. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at work, in the middle of  lesson, where we had a couple different kinds of lizards out of their 'shelf cage' and just in their cages on a desk. The steppe runners and frilled dragons in particular. But then the bell rang and it was time for everyone to leave. So I put the animals back in their shelf display cages. Only to turn around and see the same cages on the desk. I had a moment of confusion because I already had put back their cages, but there were these two cages as well.  But then Reth showed up and distracted me from figuring out how to put those cages where there was no room for them. She talked to me about other animals in the store like a....Chewcahuan...I think it was. It was a rodent type creature, that liked to bite, had greyish fur, a propensity for getting out, and looked a bit like a long legged guinea pig. She went off to show me something, as the store was closed, Only we noticed that there were still people wandering about. Particularly after Reth thought we were alone and we'd sat down at one of the deserted cafe's to talk business, and a group of two college age guys and three small children sat down behind us like they were waiting for a baseball game to start. So Reth had to go off and tell everyone that it was  9:30pm and the store had close half an hour ago and people couldn't wander. It was odd because I looked outside and it was still really bright. It felt a bit more like it was 5pm instead of 930pm. One of the other guys in the store was ushering people out of the store and stopping other -like a group of Spanish people, and a young couple, from coming into the store. But he couldn't stop an old man who came in and demanded that we find him his items on the list. He'd already found three of the four, but the last item, a snow globe with snowmen all around it he couldn't find. So he demanded we find it for him or else he wouldn't leave the store. So I went in search of it looking up and down all the different racks of toys and odds and ends. There were antique toys, old decorations, Disney toys, lots of knick knacks. And a lot of these antique toys went straight up to the ceiling on shelves and I really couldn't figure out how anybody would be able to see what was up there to buy it, let alone how the workers here at the store would know where to put it I it was too high up to see it. I made a note that if I owned a business, the shelves would be lower so we could keep the place better organized. And after searching through many of the shelves, finding snowmen and snow globes but not the one the old guy wanted, I returned to the register to find that he was buying his items anyway and they were working out how to do the discount as the cashier wasn't quite sure what to so. I managed to press the right buttons and he saved  80 cents by shopping here. Before he was on his merry way. I went back through the store, which now seemed reminiscent of a different dream I had years ago in the past. As I wandered through this big...mall/cruise ship where there were different restaurants, karaoke, and other activities going on. I ended up going up this dark ramp, that looked like it lead into another bar upon invitation by one of the serving girls, but it wasn't quite a bar. It turned out to be a bowling alley. Going to extreme levels, as there were teams on roller blades bowling on the rink, which was basically the floor of the place and the long ramp that I'd been walking up. I remembered this place, I'd had to compete before in their games in a different dream and I really didn't want to have to do that again. Besides I could tell that the place didn't have another room adjoining it, so I turned and left. Only to have the team of roller bowlers come down after me, as they were in the middle of their competition. They made it to the bottom rink -the entrance- and looked up to see their scores. One dude who reminds me of a stereotypical dad in the sitcom tv shows got disqualified because he hadn't been ready when the bell went off, and had simply pushed his ball into action instead of doing it the way the other guys had been doing it. He was frustrated enough that he threw his ball -about the size of a baseball but nearly as heavy as a normal bowling ball at a second player, where it hit him in his knee and caused him injury. They were just playing the reply to decide if the ball had really hit him or if he was pretending when....

the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment