Friday, August 23, 2013

The Return of the Phantom

So the other day, I was hanging out at Kikay's place with her and Mirleki.
And we ended up somehow on the topic of old Cartoons that we liked when we were younger.
Seriously I don't remember how we got on the topic, but come up it did.
Kikay and I both mentioned that one of our favorite shows growing up was Danny Phantom.
O.o To our surprise, Mirleki had never heard of it and asked what it was about.
()_() GASP!
Haha so Kikay started telling her. "Well, Danny Fenton was just 14 when his parents built a very strange machine."
I caught on right away and started grinning.
"You see, it was designed to view a world unseen. But he's going to catch them all because he's Danny Phantom. But when it didn't quite work..."
We ended up bursting out laughing while Mirleki looked at us confused.
And I had to explain "She was quoting the theme song to you."
Haha. It was actually really good because Kikay was telling it in such a normal way. Haha. :) And then together we took turns finishing the rest of the theme song.
And basically ended with "We'll need to show you at some point."
There was a bit of conversation where Kikay stated that Danny Phantom was one of the shows where she would buy the DVDs as well.
In any case. It was fun to quote the theme song like it was an actual conversation.

But the story doesn't end there.

You see, yesterday I went to the store. For food. Cus...I was out of snack food.
Anyways, I headed over to the $5 movies. Searching for something to watch. Most of the time I find nothing.
But. Not this time.
I  pulled away a stack of DVDs and saw it.
Danny Phantom!
A DVD set of 5 episodes of season 1!
For $5
And seeing that, remembering that Kikay wanted to buy it.....I bought it. ^^
Hehe.
And since yesterday I've had the theme song to the show stuck in my head.
Ah.
I remember why I loved this show.

It's just made me happy all day long. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was driving out to the middle of the country with Kikay...only we were more racing. It felt like we were going towards UBs/ATs place, but there were more trees. It wasn't as plainsee. The main difference between me and Kikay racing was...that she was in this nice yellow convertible power race car type of thing. And I...I was riding a bike. Yet. somehow. I was doing really good in the race. Mostly because I think Kikay was letting me have a big head start. I was riding my bike as fast as I could to get back to our starting point before her, and I could sense Kikay coming up behind me in her car....

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment