Saturday, August 10, 2013

Behind These Scarlet Nails

 
Isn't this pretty?!!?
Why yes. Yes it is.
But beware.
Beware getting your fingernails done.
Because within...lies a hidden evil.
 
Okay.
Background first. :)
While we were in Alaska,
My mom, sister and I got Manicures.
Normally, I don't like having things on my fingernails.
Seriously.
I don't like it.
I barely let nail polish dry before I'm working to get it off.
But this time...it was my mom's birthday.
And she really wanted to do Manicures.
Sooo I took a deep breath.
And got it done.
 
Surprisingly...the nail polish is still there.
Well...mostly lol My fingers have been growing  so it's like halfway on my fingers now. (yay! Grow faster fingernails!) ;) lol
 
You may be impressed that I've kept the polish on so long.
It's not impressive..
For you see....my mom decided we should get Shallack (no idea how to spell that.)
And that stuff....doesn't come off by itself. Nor with polish remover.
No, if you want the stuff off your fingers you have to go back to the salon and pay them to take it off.
Clever mothers. Oh so clever. lol :)
 
And after a couple of days, I got used to it. :)
 
Only there's been a slight problem.
You see I work at Starsmet. A pet store.
A place notorious for giving me scratches, cuts, and bruises.
Half the time I don't even remember how I got them.
In any case, it's a work environment where you have to stay on your toes...or you end up getting hurt.
 
Here comes in the part where the red colored fingernails that don't come off...are deemed evil.
Because my poor left thumb has taken quite a beating. 
(other fingers have too, but this is more painful)
 
A week or so ago...
I was feeding the animals. Opening and closing cages.
And...happened to not pay attention to where my fingers and thumb were went I closed the cage.
Yah.
Pain.
EEEOOOW!
I got my thumb caught between the cage and the metal top.
It stung like crazy.
Only...I couldn't see if I'd done any real damage. :S
If I could only see through red.... lol
Yah, the shallack got in the way.
And I had to wait for my nail to grow out and to see...
that I did some damage.
I'm still not sure if it's a lot of damage. But some damage.
You know that whitish upsidedown semicircle that is usually located by the nail bed?
Well... I have a white mark...above that.
Yah, stressed out my poor thumb so much that some of it turned white.
Ouch.
I have no idea how much of my thumb is white...but there is a nice middle section that gives voice to that fact that I caught my thumb pretty good in that tight space.
 
I didn't think much of it after it stopped hurting.
But then...
Yesterday.
My thumb took another beating.
In the form of hay.
You see we feed hay to some of our animals.
And we usually stuff it into little containers that 'hopefully' *fingers crossed* keep the animal happy for a couple of days. -If I'm not so lucky I have to refill the containers a couple of times.
Anyways, I was stuffing hay into one of said containers.
When a piece jammed itself up under my nail.
OOOOUUUUCCCHHH!
It hurt!
I even made it bleed so it got jammed up there pretty well.
And....I can't tell what the damage is.
Yep.
Shallack nails.
They're hiding everything!
lol I admit I tried to peel it off...to no avail.
So now. I have a thumb that's hurt once more, and I still don't know how much damage I have to it.
 
Come on nails grow faster!
lol
You can say I'll be glad to have the red gone from my fingers (though it might be weird for a couple of days to not see that color)
As then I'll be able to see what I've done to my hands immediately when I do something to get them injured at work (or other places) lol.
 
Ah.. Patience. I just need to have a bit more Patience. :)
 
Note to self: If this undertaking is ever taken again...choose a clearer shade so one can see fingernails still. lol :)
 
Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!
 
-Sarnic Dirchi
 
The Dream
 
Rather surprisingly I dreamt of work. Which is a bit more rare for nighttime dreams, but more common of nap dreams -as I've usually just come off of work.
I was just getting off work. I had my bag and everything and was getting ready to clock out, when a situation arose on the floor. I thought to myself. Oh I can help with that real quick. As soon as I got done with that task...I got called to another. The bird cages (huge walk in cages in two stacks of two) needed the windows clean, but I didn't even get a chance to walk into the cage before the call came that the rabbits escaped and we needed to catch them. (We don't even sell rabbits...) I know more tasks happened...I think I ended up cooking at one point, But sometime during the dream, my managers were like "Sarnic, are you trying to stay later to get more money? You need to leave!" As I'd now gone past my clock out time by two or three hours. And I was like "No! I'm trying to leave! But you guys keep assigning me tasks, and problems keep arising!" So I returned to my task to finish that and then leave....
 
when the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)
 
-S.N.D


No comments:

Post a Comment