Friday, January 3, 2014

A Simple Gesture

So, I went to go see a movie with a friend the other day. I don't know if it was the particular movie we chose to see -Saving Mr. Banks- or the time of day, but we were basically the only 'youngens' in the theatre. Nearly everyone else had a head of white hair, or else were the grown up children of the ones with white hair.
Now when I first saw our company, I didn't think much of it. I mean. Bunch of adults. Should be quiet.
Ha. As if. It was rather entertaining.
Somebody's phone went off, and it took the owner ages to figure out how to turn it off.
As well as the 'quiet' (loud) whispers of "What did she just say?" "Who is that?" "Oh do you think that person is actually this person?" "Wait, what did they just say?"

It made it halfway difficult to focus on the movie. Which was really good by the way. :)
But I didn't mind it. It wasn't like there were screaming children, which would have been way more annoying.

My favorite part of yesterday though, was that after the movie was over, I was trying to put on my coat.
And the white haired gentleman in the same row as me, offered to help me put it on.
So he held my coat for me, making it much easier to put on.
Such a simple gesture by him.
But I really appreciated it.

Lol I just wish that it had been a cute boy my age who'd been so considerate. ;)

Still, I do appreciate the gesture. ^^ It was nice. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at work (figures, my day off and I dream of work) though it wasn't Starsmet quite. It was like a combination of some hotel lobby looking area, bird world, and a conglomeration of other places. It was like I'd checked into a hotel, but then I wandered past their display arch and wall of salt water tanks. I walked past them and discovered rows upon rows of fish in my store that I'd never seen before. Which was halfway worrisome, because if I hadn't fed them...how were they still alive? I figured these tanks were self sustaining salt water tanks where the fish found all their food from the coral, I wandered through a conglomeration of different cages and tanks, seeing Joc and Sab finishing fishing out dead fish from our gold fish tanks, and I wandered over towards our hamsters and bird area. The cages were all...combined together. Cats housed with snakes, birds with hamsters. It was a crazy mess, and I checked in with Reth when I found a particular ball python that seemed to have half it's head gone. Turns out the snake was just shedding and Reth and the other four managers weren't focused on that they were trying to solve a leaking problem as apparently four of our tanks just...caved in on themselves. I went back to 'fixing' the cages, putting cats and snakes and birds where they were supposed to be. Figuring out which cages were empty while gathering up the loose animals. It was crazy. There was this one humanalbird like person that was very dangerous. Could tear your eyes out, while another regular bird looking one didn't look as dangerous but was as dangerous. We were out of most of our finches, except the spice finches and they came in a variety of colors, one that was lighter then the others came to me when I whistled tame as can be. And suddenly among the finches was a golden hamster that everyone simply adored because he was so mellow, even if there were faint traces of blood on his fangs.....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment