Friday, January 31, 2014

An Older Generation

I think I was born in the wrong era.
the thought has crossed my mind more then once recently.

And often enough, the thought crosses my mind after someone compliments me.
My shoes, my hair, my coat, my outfit.
I get compliments about them, mostly from guys.
Guys who are old enough to be my father or my grandfather.

Seriously. I was born in the wrong era.
I almost never get complimented by guys my own age it seems like.
But the gentlemen of older generations. Totally. It happens often.
Which is a boost in my self confidence.

...if only the guys of my generation would be more vocal about it....

I can't totally fault them though. For staying quiet.
It seems like most of the girls these days can't take a compliment. They love to contradict it. Contradict the guys.
Maybe they just want to get confirmation. Confirm that the guy wasn't just saying it to say it, but that he means it.

Or else we're contradicting them into submission. Into not saying anything. Who wants to constantly repeat that someone looks pretty? Has the need to contradict a compliment, cause them to fade from a guys vocabulary? To have him think it, but not say it because he doesn't want the words to become meaningless.

Who knows.
Maybe they just need to take notes from the older generation. They're not afraid to tell it like they see it. ;)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

A group of guys were robbing a store, in the back was a vault that contained gold, silver, and other vials containing chemicals that people were willing to pay for. One was a needle of green liquid. Everything was timed out to go smoothly, but something went wrong. A guard discovered us, as my brother was getting ready to get into the get away car. I had lagged behind, and managed to hit the guard in the back of the head with an object. Maybe trophy like in shape. The guy dropped to the ground, but that was...bad. We ended up back in our holding place, but my brother hadn't fared well. Either he'd been injected with the needle that had green liquid, or something else had happen out of my sight because he was basically a 'dead man walking.' It was like he was dead, but was still alive, and I was trying to figure out how to save him, but it seemed to all come back to the guard that I had hit. Had he been the one who nearly died? Or my brother? It was like I had to make amends to the guard in order to save my brother, but...

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment