Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Is That A Uniform?

So there is this blog that I followed recently that talks about 'Things the Customers Say" the sort of things where you kinda just want to head bang against the nearest object. Because you want to just stare at them and go O.o "Seriously?"

So with that on my mind. Here's something like that, but without all the cool GIFs that come to emphasis my point. O.o I really don't have the patience to go look up corresponding images. (I did attempt it.)

In any case.
So there I was at work, you know...in my work uniform...
and this women comes up to me and asks "Do you work here?"

*blink blink*
Uh....no....I just really love Starsmet so much I choose to wear one of their shirts to the store. You know, cus I'm a big fan of the place and everything.

Of course I work there! Can't you see the big Starsmet on my back? (cus she came up from behind me.) Can you not see the name tag on front that says "Sarnic" on it with the Starsmet logo on it?

I wouldn't have thought much of it, but that situation occurred like twice in a week. Which is a bit abnormal. I mean, I can understand it of some stores, where seriously, the only indication you have that the person works there may be a lanyard around their neck or something. But in Starsmet...we have actual uniforms we need to wear. With the logo and everything on them.

Maybe that's why the customer asked,
because at a lot of other stores, the workers there don't wear uniforms that are recognizable as a uniform. They look like clothes everyone else would wear. And so to see someone wearing a possible uniform. Might have been too good to be true.
I mean, I get asked "Do I work here?" When I'm running errands right after work and I'm still in my uniform. Just something recognizable as a work uniform and a person's hopes are raised.
"I need help! There's a uniform! Yes I'm saved!"
Only...if the uniform doesn't match the work place...they aren't always saved, unless I've been to that store enough to know the general places of items the person are looking for.

So while it may be odd to have been asked "Do you work here?" When I was at work in my uniform (I've been asked the same question when I've come in 'under cover.' There must be something that gives me away... lol)

It's understandable. To want to double check.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

The Dream

I was at this...sort of orphanage house, where there was this woman that seemed to be a conglomerate of bad tempered women and she was in one of her mighty rages where she wanted everyone out of her house beyond her daughters. When we noticed that there was smoke coming in heavy dark clouds from the bbq out back. We walked out and there was this whole train car that was on fire, and in the middle of it was a darker dude that had a fire related nickname, he couldn't take it anymore, and was wanting to kill himself and nobody could convince him to get out, but I went up to him and grabbed him by the hand and easily pulled him out of the fiery inferno. I pulled him into a hug, just to let him know how important he is, and that he shouldn't leave. It was just what he needed to hear, and he broke down into tears....
We were on a road trip driving through red rocks, and tall Oregon coast like forests when my dad mentioned that Lin and Bri had been there with their daughter Mandi and they had encountered these huuuuge bearded dragons that were nearly the size of crocodiles and he'd had picture proof that they had found them. I really wanted to see these creatures, but we apparently couldn't just stop off the side of the road to find them, no you had to go to a person who knew and pay them money and then they would mark the spot of the 'demon portal' on the map and then you would have to climb to it, because the portals were only found where it was hard and dangerous to reach them. After all, if everyone could access it...what would be the point? In any case, my dad pulled over to the side of the road -which apparently was going to be expanded because there were blue lines drawn all over the trees and mossy green rocks indicating as such, and we began to explore, climbing all over the red rocks. Then, someone found it, a young child related to me...a cousin. Down in a small sandy canyon, and we were working on finding a way to climb down to it. It didn't seem that hard because there were all these people all over the place, some with dogs. One guy who had a big German Shepherd nearly lost his dog as it backed over the edge,...maybe it was a Great Dane, but he managed to pull the creature to safety. Once we were down there there was this guy, like a Bishop who was giving a sermon, and asked who had the brother and sister spoons to the demon spoon in his hand. My siblings, dad and I all had one, three gold ones and one silver one. (gold were sister spoons, silver was brother spoon) and gave them to him. He then asked us a question to see if we were worthy to get the spoon back. I answered wrongly...twice and ended up with a plastic cooking spoon that looked like the handle had been melted off and was covered in gooey cooking stuff. I even managed to answer the question in a good way, going very spiritual and such, but he still didn't give me the fancy spoon. But then my dog Wishbone -looking more like a reddish Papillion than the Jack Russell Terreiro she was, dropped in for a visit and suddenly we were just sitting in the grass in front of my parent's home with Pepper my other Papillion in my arms getting attention from me while the smaller Wishbone surprisingly went into my dad's arms for comfort. This was amazing because Wishbone hadn't liked my dad (not true in reality) and to see her, as a puppy, getting comfort from my dad was really cool....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment