Sunday, January 12, 2014

I Will Eat!

In some ways, snakes are an easy pet to have.
Give it a cage it can't get out of, heat, water...
and food. Once a week.
Once a week.
Seriously, a snake is nearly like a plant,
except that it can get big enough to eat you....whole. >.>
But since the snakes at Starsmet are just babies, I really don't have to worry about that last part. ;)

In any case.
I took it upon myself to feed the snakes this week.
Not too difficult. Warm up frozen mice. Stick them in the cage, wiggle it in front of the snake and walla! Mouse is eaten. (for most snakes, some are just plain stubborn)

So. I had my current set of snakes out. Feeding them.
Usually they'll eat two, three, or sometimes four little mice.

But to double check, I asked Reth how much I should feed them.
Her response was "Until they stop eating."
Which was what I thought the response would be....and I figured that was okay.
Until I got a corn snake.

The thing must have been starving.
Because he literally gulped that first mouse down like there was no tomorrow.
He gulped it down so fast that the second mouse wasn't even a thought of being warmed yet from the freezer.
()_() Gah!! Slow down!
But he didn't.
It became a race (that I constantly lost) of getting a mouse warmed up before he finished eating the one he was currently eating.
Two, Three, Four, Five.
I would come out occasionally to Reth and just comment on the amount.
"He's eaten Seven now....should I keep going?"
"Yep. keep going. Feed him til he stops."
"Okie dokie."

But then. He ate three mice. THREE mice in the space of like ten seconds.
Seriously. I couldn't believe how fast they disappeared down his throat.
So I went up to Reth and simply said "Ten."
She was like O.o "Okay stop."
lol, yah, who knows how many he would have eaten if I'd kept going, but seriously, I had other snakes to feed, and not a whole lot of mice left over. :S
He was soo stretched out. He'd basically tripled in size.
The good news is...is that since he ate so much...he doesn't need to eat again for two weeks.
-Another benefit of snakes. If they eat too much, you skip a week.- ^^;

But yah. TEN little mice. O.o

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

My friend Jesva had come back home from her mission. I was super excited to see her, but sadly disappointed in myself as well, as I'd told myself that I would write a book before she got back...and I hadn't done that yet. :(

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment