Saturday, June 28, 2014

A Fishy Idea

I had an idea while at work.
About Fish.

You see, on occasion we have people come in, wanting fish for events.
Parties, Graduations, Birthdays, Weddings.
Events.

And unfortunately for them,
we either can't sell them the fish they were looking to make their centerpieces.
Or else we would be out of the fish they needed, or wouldn't have them in the colors they needed.

So while I was changing the water of our Bettas.

I had this thought.

What if there was a company called "Rent-a-Fish"
(It wouldn't surprise me if this already exists)

Where you can rent fish for events.
There would be a company that would carry hundreds of different fish for centerpieces on tables.
Some would be just in bowls, others in creative fish tanks that look like centerpieces. (vases and such, but work as actual tanks so the fish can have flowing water)

The customer just has to come to the location (or look online)
And pick out the colors of the fish they need, and what they want their centerpieces to look like.
And the online generator (or person in the store) would direct them to the fish that work with those specifications.
If the customer wants specific types of fish, then they will have to deal with those fish's requirements.

In any case.
There would probably be an overall cost for how many fish they want, the tanks themselves, and the setup/takedown/drivetoandfrom portion of the business.
(Which I'd have to figure out a good midpoint price for this so that it's not crazy expensive, but the customers won't just turn to a local fish store to get everything for less.)

We would probably have guarantees as well.
Like "If you have a fish die while at the event you'll get a 25% refund. Two fish die 30% etc..."
And depending on how many fish (like if you have over 100 then the percentage would be less than if you have like 4 fish or one centerpiece tank.) you order, would depend on that percentage.

And then, if the customers want to give away the fish as presents.
They would be able to take the fish home (for a particular price per fish. again not expensive, but less than petstores...hope we don't go broke!) but we would be able to have the money to restock on fish we'd just lost from our inventory (by breeding ourselves, or buying from a breeder)

More likely we would have the options of "Take it home with you!" Or "You take it back!"
That will also allow us to better meet the needs of the customers so that the fish is an easy present to take care of instead of work....and not as likely to die as soon as the people go home.

Yah, there would still be a bunch of bugs to kink out.
But still, it does have some merit don't you think? :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in the middle of a heist sort of thing. Where there were people chasing after me and my partner to get at something we had stolen. But we were too smart for them, because they were adults, and we were kids. Which meant that they would keep underestimating us, making it easy for us to get away. But there was one woman who wasn't fooled, she knew not to be deceived (kinda seemed like Miss Adler) and kept strong on my trail. I don't think she knew all that I -as a scratch- (sort of witch) could do. (specialty explosions to distract) and so she and her hunch men were able to follow us all up and down a hotel that me and my partner were hiding out in. -Where a murder happened to happen, and they thought that we were the cause of it, but we weren't. But they knew that we had an item she wanted, and so as I ran down the halls, trapped, but not trapped, I came up with a plan that involved me pretending to live on a different floor and had me trying to get into a different hotel room by pretending to be the sick girl who lived there....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment