Saturday, June 7, 2014

No, You Drive Down.

I got asked the question again.

"So, when are you moving back up here so we can hang out more?" (Its a question I'm getting tired of being asked....)  

Ah. Well. Lets see... How about "When are you moving down here so we can hang out more?"

You see....it goes both ways.

"Oh, I can't drive down, it's so far you should come up here!"
"Oh really? It's the same distance up for me as it would be to drive down for you."
()_() *blink blink* "Oh yah...."

Yah....
I mean, I love to hang out with my friends. Do stuff with them.
But sometimes it bugs me that they'd just want me to uproot my life and move back up that way in order to hang out more.  
Because really, even if I did crave friendship that much to do such a thing.
The reality of the situation is....we probably wouldn't hang out any more with me up there, than with me away in College Town, and them over in HomeTown.
I mean, we all have jobs now, different time schedules, soo hanging out...about as likely as it is now.
Maybe once a month if we're lucky. Once a year if we're not.
Sooo...why move back home?
*shakes head*

Who knows at this point in time.

But it does bug me.... (as I tend to harp on this subject from time to time.)
That they want me to do something, that they're not totally willing to do themselves.

Do I ask them to leave their jobs?
Do I ask them to move down here so we can hang out more?

lol. Alright,
>.>
<.<
With a couple of friends I do do that to them from time to time. ;) 

But for the most part. 
Not really,
I just crave....visits really. Come down and see me.

Make the same drive down, spend the same gas, that you expect me to do coming up to see you.

Of course, I do recognize that a lot of this is just 'wishful thinking' on both our parts.
Maybe if we're closer together, we can hang out more.

Maybe....but life gets in the way. :(

*shrugs*
We'll see, but for now, CollegeTown for me. Hometown for them, and visits every now and then. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment