Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Sooo Cloooose

It was like a siren call to me.

The Red Rocks.

We drove right past them.

My Red Rocks.

If only, if only I had been in the driver's seat.

Then we would have gone to those Red Rocks.

Seriously. We would have.
Most everyone was asleep at that point, when the exit came up.
To go to Arches.
They probably wouldn't have realized what had happened until I turned into the gateway to Arches National Park.

Only, I wasn't driving.
So I had no control.
Which is good...I suppose.
We were on our way to a different destination.
And adding in an extra three...or more hours,
into an already full day of driving.
Probably have meant an unhappy family.

So instead,
I stared longingly out the window.

Watching all the red rocks pass by me.

Still, I got to see the Park from a different view point.
Still too far away for my liking,
But I could tell the rocks were red.
I may have even seen one of the arches. ^^;;

I really, really, really need to get back down there soon.

There are so many canyons, arches, and towers to explore.

I actually mentally was plotting.
I would pick a direction and drive, stop, hike, drive some more, explore, until my gas tank reached the halfway empty mark.
And then, I would return to my 'base' camp.
Wherever that may be. To refill, and set out in a different direction the next day.

Then, then I shall explore those Red Rocks to my heart's content!

Yes.
This I shall do.

Eventually.

But it didn't happen on this journey away from home. :(
The Red Rocks will have to wait.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment