Friday, June 27, 2014

Out The Window

There is something about long drives that I enjoy.

It may be that my family didn't have movies to watch, or rarely electronic means of entertainment when we were younger. Instead, it was coloring books, road games, and reading.

And of course.
Looking out the window.

I didn't much enjoy this last option when it was dark. It wasn't fun to look out into darkness.
But during the day?
It actually is enjoyable.

To watch plains become forests become mountains become valleys.
The changing scenery.
All the different places to see as we drive by.

It can be inspiring at times.
Or just relaxing in general.

The knowledge that you're heading away from your current life.
To take a break from it.
And enjoy a few days of relaxation.

It's great.
And the scenery passing by on the outside, is fun to watch.
Especially if we're on the look for certain landmarks.
Or wildlife.
Or big foot. >.> <.<

In any case.

My kids are probably going to hate me when we go on vaca's.
Because I'm going to make them look out the window instead of putting in a movie for their entertainment. And let them experience the wonder of the outdoors as we drive through it. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment