Tuesday, June 17, 2014

No Seriously, It's Broken

Boys.

Sometimes I wonder how many girls they have to deal with, that see a problem, a major problem, and ask them to fix it, only to have it be something simple like plugging in something that got unplugged?

I mean, I have those moments too on occasion, so I can see how guys wouldn't get the best impression of the girls in College Town.

But seriously...I do try what I can to figure out what's wrong with my own stuff before asking for help.

This time around my electronical needs revolved around my TV.

Which is a nice change from my laptop I suppose. :) lol.

In any case, I got back from HomeTown the other night,
Turned on the TV.
And was confronted by a black screen.

Let me repeat.
The TV was on.

But there was no picture at all.

Maybe something had gotten turned off.
....but everything showed that it was on.
And even stranger....
I could hear sounds.

I could hear what was on the TV, or on the DVD when I switched back and forth between those.

But after repeated attempts of turning the TV on and OFF ....with only a brief flash of the tv brand coming onto the screen before going back black....

I gave up.
And asked my roommate what was up?
No idea, but it had happened the day before I got back.

So.
That meant that either the  Cable provider's side of things were at fault....which I doubted since I couldn't get picture on the TV when I switched back to the DVD screen.

Or something was wrong with the TV itself.
As my roommate put it "The light may have gone out." -You know...the bulb that gives picture to the tv....
Yah, no idea, it sounded good to me.

So, we put in a work order request to the office to have them come fix it.
The next day (as it was late when I got home to find the TV broken.)
I came home from work to find...
The TV WAS GONE!!!

AGH!!
Totally traumatic guys. ;) No TV. What was I going to watch shows on?!?!
not that it was that useful before when I couldn't see any pictures...... lol.

No, I actually was impressed that the guys came to look at the TV so quickly.
But...since they took it out of the Apartment....
That had to mean that it wasn't just an easy fix.

Sure enough, a couple of hours after I got home.
I got a knock on the door.
And there were the fix-it guys with the TV in their arms.

I was like *grabs them in a giant hug* YOU BROUGHT IT BACK!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Okay, I played it more low key then that. With a more moderate. "You fixed it!" said with a big smile.

And then, I asked them. "What was wrong with it."
The one of the guys was like.
"Well...at first I thought it was just that the video plug had been unplugged and it needed to be plugged in."
O.o >.< Oh gee, thanks for insulting my intelligence right there. I'm not that naïve about how electronics work.
"But it was plugged in, and when I turned on the TV"
"You just saw a flash of the tv name and nothing right?" I interjected.
"Right. Which is totally weird."

In the end....
They never did tell me what had been wrong with the TV.
Which leads me to believe that they just were like "OH, crap, it's broken. Ah well, let's take this one, and go grab a new one." (the handy dandy thing about living in apt with the TV already provided. ^^;;)
I'm sure they tried to fix it, as it did take them a couple of hours to get back to me.
But since they didn't tell me what was wrong...
And a red dot that was always present on the TV screen is now gone...

I'm guessing in the end it's just a new TV. ^^;;;

Woot!
Yay for 'fixing' things!!

Though really... the video plug came unplugged? Give me some credit.
I only struggle with that aspect of electronics when it comes to Internet cables. ;) lol

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment