Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Please, Say Something Else

I may or may not have told you before,
But I'm a bit sensitive to sound.

Which usually means....I like to avoid large parties, with loud music.

But it can mean other things too.
Repetitive sounds, like dripping water, or a constant whirring of a machine,
can get on my nerves as well.

This time around,
it was a particular word.
That started getting on my nerves.

I was talking to a woman at work,
she was with her young family.
Looking for a pet.

So, I was going through different pets and such.
And after nearly every statement, she would follow up with the same response.
The first time she used it, I was like. O.o?
But didn't think too much of it.
Yet. She kept saying it.
The same word.
Over.
and over.
and over.
and over.

Like a broken record.

And it quickly got on my nerves.
To the point where I was like "Please, stop saying that word!"
(I didn't say it out loud.)
But really, I was hoping that they would quickly decide what they wanted, so that our conversation could end.

So, what was this word?

It was: "Okay."
But not just "OK"
Like the letters.
It was drawn out. Like "Oooohhh Kaay."
With the heightening of pitch on the last syllable which would make it a question.
Ooooohhkay?
Oooo Kay?
*shivers*

It was said in such a way where I was like "Do you understand a word that I'm saying?"
Really.
Typing it out doesn't really show how sounded.
But oh, I can still hear it in my head as I do so.
"Ooookay"

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Involved a couple of betas, and I was trying to decide if one had parasites or not because there were these little wiggly creatures crawling on the fish, and around the fish.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment