Thursday, June 12, 2014

Help From Another

Accept help from others.
The next important point is to be willing to ask for help from those around you.
Sometimes help comes from unexpected sources.
A few years ago I stood in line in Chicago waiting to put my baggage on a plane.
Behind me was an older man.
After a few minutes he said to me, "Where are you going?"
I said that I was heading for Salt Lake City.
He said, "I'm going there too.
Are you a Mormon?"
I responded by saying I was.
He said that he had been a Latter-day Saint all his life and had prepared himself to finally go to the temple.
While waiting for the plane, he opened his suitcase to show me all the missionary pictures that he had collected through the years.
After some minutes, we were on our way and had a wonderful talk as we flew toward Utah.
Upon arrival, we left the plane quickly.
I made sure he knew where he was going and said good-bye.

Some weeks later, I received this card in the mail: "Dear Brother Christensen, I lost your address and then found it.
So, I'm writing you a card.
When I met you in Chicago, it was a prayer answered.
I never travel anywhere.
I wanted to be with someone.
I have thought of you many times.
I really enjoyed myself in Salt Lake City at the temple.
Hope to see you someday.
Thanks many times for the help you were to me."
I wasn't planning to be useful that day, but I'm grateful for this brother who sought for extra help and I was nearby to assist.

-Val. R. Christensen -Overcoming Discouragement -October 1998 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment