Friday, June 6, 2014

A Potential Sticky Situation

So, there I was.
Sitting at a light, waiting for it to change to green so I could make my turn and head onto the freeway back to college town.
And.
I was thirsty.

So. taking advantage of the situation,
I grabbed the bottle of soda I had nearby.
Opened it.
Took a small sip, and realized the light just turned green.
Startled, I quickly tried to put the lid back on the bottle as I began to drive forward, and turn.

And....

Dropped the lid.
Down the side of the seat between chair and door.

I managed to get the bottle stabilized and make the turn without spilling a drop.
Or crashing. ;) lol

But... :( I lost the lid.
And a quick reach down to grab it....
was out of the picture.
It had disappeared.
-it'd actually managed to fall in back behind me, out of reach of my reaching fingers.

Which left me with a problem.

There was an open bottle, mostly filled with soda.

Waiting to explode out and cover everything in sticky wetness if I did anything sudden. :S
Yikes!!

Lucky me. :)
That didn't happen.
Open soda bottle and myself made it safely home without a drop being lost.

Plus. Bottle and lid were finally reunited.
Awww happy reunion. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment