Thursday, October 2, 2014

A Perfect A

A few years ago, when Arturo Toscanini was musical director of the New York Philharmonic Orchestra in New York City, he had a Saturday afternoon radio broadcast.
And one day he received in his mail a crumpled little note on some brownish paper which read:

"Dear Mr. Toscanini, I am a lonely sheepherder in the mountains of Wyoming.
I have two prized possessions: an old violin and a battery radio.
And the batteries are getting weak and beginning to run down on my radio, and my violin is so out of tune I can't play it anymore.
Would you please sound an A next Saturday on your program?"

The next week on the program, Arturo Toscanini announced: "To a newfound friend in the mountains of Wyoming, the New York Philharmonic Orchestra is now, all together and in unison, going to sound a perfect A."
And they sounded the perfect A.
Then that lonely little man was able to tune the A string and then the E string and the D and the G from that perfect A.

-David B. Haight -Faith of Our Prophets -October 2001 General Conference

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment