Sunday, October 26, 2014

Happy Moments

More often then not it's the simple things that can bring a measure of happiness back into a dour day.
Especially if one chooses to try and look and find them.
Instead of focusing on the bad that had happened that day or even earlier in the week.

So. The simple things I found today that brought happiness.
Wearing Tennis Shoes instead of Heels when driving.
Coming home to your favorite dinner waiting to be eaten.
Spending time with the parentals, watching crime shows together.
Having a cat curled up by my side.
The fall leaves falling to the ground.
The slight chill to the air.
Having people smile at you.....

Yes, the day turns out ending on a bright note when one remembers those things. The things that may have only been in your mind for a split second, but they brought a smile, either internal or external to you. Brightened the day just a tad.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

My family and some others...neighbors maybe? People I knew were on a trip, we were going into this huge arena for a sporting event, maybe basketball. When we heard gunshots inside. I didn't want to go in, but everyone insisted because they said something along the lines of "The First Presidency sat in this arena for 50 hours straight and the only time the guns went off is when they left for lunch." But I heard more gunshots, people began to run, so my family ran for cover and we ended up at a table, set with food, and we were trying to decide if we should sit down when Christ showed up. I ended up falling to my knees at his feet, holding a receipt in my hands that needed to be redeemed, but seeing him there, I knew...that I didn't have to worry about it. He looked down with a smile and embraced me in a hug before turning to the rest of my family and speaking to them each about his gospel. It was taken well....but my brother turned from him, choosing to not accept what was being said and he left. This was heartbreaking for me, though I had hope he would come back, I ended up playing a game with a bunch of my friends, but the rules kept changing, I couldn't set up the game board correctly, the pieces kept getting mixed up or changing on me.....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment