Saturday, October 18, 2014

Overwhelmed Again

So begins another stressful cycle at work.
We seem to go through those every four months or so. Where everything is going well enough, and then suddenly, it spirals out of control. To the point where everyone is either threatening to quit, have quit, or are frankly overwhelmed.

For me, it's the battle to not be overwhelmed.
Why?
Because once again, I'm being shortened people in my department.
They're leaving, for various reasons.
And they're leaving us rather suddenly.
Leaving us scrambling to figure out how to work out schedules so that my department is covered and nobody is working overtime.
It's crazy.

And because of how everything is working out so far.
It's looking like I'll be going back to being on morning shifts instead of midday/evening shifts.
Which is both good and bad. Good in that my work days finish earlier in the day. Bad in that I can't enjoy my night owl tendencies as much....

But yah. Things are going to go crazy for a while. I expect they'll stay crazy at Starsmet. With us heading into the holiday season...things won't go back to normal until the New Year.
And if we don't get more people into our department soon....it's going to be a crazy couple of months.....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirch

No comments:

Post a Comment