Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Heat to Cool?

I thought it was because my roomies didn't know how to use the thermostat.
I mean, I too had fallen into the 'fan on 'on' means its on.' ploy.
Where instead the auto option was the one wanted, to make things turn on and off and not just...well stay constantly on.
And apparently with the heat and the fan on at the same time....the fan over powers the heat and just makes the apartment colder.
As I woke up more than once to that set up, and to it being 'freezing.'
As in like 65 degrees when the apt had been 75 when I went to bed.
Talk about not doing its job properly.

So I left a note to the roomies.
Explaining the Auto/On Fan thing that I had discovered last year in my last apartment.
Thinking that that would solve the problem.
It didn't.
No, the heater would turn on, the fan would be on auto.
and....
The apartment would only get colder.

O.o
A fluke?
No.
I tried it a couple of days in a row.
The heater would turn 'on' the fan would run....but no warmth.
And then...the heater wouldn't turn off. >.< Because it wasn't 'warm' yet by the thermostats standards. So there the poor thing went, blowing all night long, without rest, because it couldn't 'warm' up the apartment.

So, I put in a work order.
Something had to be wrong if our device was on heat and we weren't getting warmer.
Surprisingly, a person came to check it out quickly enough.
and found out that the pilot light (the thing that turns the heat on?) wasn't on.
But it was a newer model that the guy wasn't familiar with, so we had to wait until the next day for it to be fixed by a guy who knew the newer heaters.
....I don't know if they came in the morning like they said they would. I thought they had, because I came in to the heater blowing....but it seemed to not have changed much...maybe give it a chance?

Well. Somebody came to fix it later in the evening.
As it obviously wasn't working.
And the problem after 15 or so minutes of head scratching?

Turns out our Thermostat, not the heater, was faulty.
So, out went the old Thermostat.
In went the new.
and walla! Everything is hunky doory....so far. lol.

And apparently, our apt was actually at 79 degrees, instead of the 75 degrees our old thermostat thought it was at.
O.o
Tooo HOT!! :S Yikes!

But now, we now have the options of being hot or cold again.
Frankly....I'm glad to have the cold. ^^;;
lol But I'm glad that we figured out the heat issue for when the nights actually get 'cold.'

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was wandering around college, taking hallways I hadn't seen before, going up and around staircases and pipes, until I encountered a room full of students. They were all special needs of different sorts, gathered together to have a party, and I had accidentally crashed it, though they didn't seem to mind, they were rather welcoming, though I ended up getting into an apple juice fight, and encountered a coworker...that I'd rather not have encountered for he was kinda creepy. I knew he'd been trying to go on a date with me for a while now, but I didn't want to, so I tried what I could to avoid him, to tell him no, but I couldn't shake him, until I passed through a hallway and spotted Kikay, Mirleki and Shelas dressed up in Halloween costumes, and I went to join them....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment